Wierd Selection Borders

Reaction score
Recently i have notice that everytime i select something in the desktop, the selection borders were gray and pixelated, like in the print screens i show you.
In other cases it shows up also in some programs buttons.

Do you know what this might be? My laptop is new and it came from fabric with windows 10, but and i've never seen any kind of problem like this before...

Can ou help me?

Attachments

• Sem Título3.png
    Sem Título3.png
    195.8 KB · Views: 535
  • Sem Título4.png
    Sem Título4.png
    367.8 KB · Views: 547
  • Sem Título5.png
    Sem Título5.png
    757.2 KB · Views: 508

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums!

It may be worth resetting your "personalization" settings - you can right click the desktopm, then click personalization > themes > theme settings.

From here, try picking one of the default themes and see if it restores things.

If that doesn't work, is there any customisation software that you have installed (for example, a start menu replacement application) which could interfere?

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums!

It may be worth resetting your "personalization" settings - you can right click the desktopm, then click personalization > themes > theme settings.

From here, try picking one of the default themes and see if it restores things.

If that doesn't work, is there any customisation software that you have installed (for example, a start menu replacement application) which could interfere?

Thank you for your reply, Ian.

I tried that you suggested but did not work.

I've never installed customisation software and recently I hadn't installed anything at all that I remember.

I've run advanced systemcare sometimes, hoping that could fix something, but I had no luck. It's very strange...

Is there any other possibility that you can remember?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not sure what it could be unfortunately, perhaps someone else has an idea. It looks like the button selection highlight is a little different to normal.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
My laptop is new and it came from fabric with windows 10
I'm not sure how much time I would actually invest in a "new laptop" that was exhibiting such symptoms, before I took it back to the vendor and forced them to make it right or replace it.
It might be a case of Windows 10 Updates having installed a less than optimal display driver for your system.
You might.....
Try clean booting the system and see if that produces any relief. Run it like that for a day or two and check Windows Update manually in the interim to make sure everything is up to date.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135
Use the steps for Windows 8 / 8.1 (same for Windows 10)
Easily done and easily undone.
You're basically just disabling all Startup Items and all non-Microsoft services. Do no mess with the Microsoft services. Be sure to check the box to hide them before proceeding.

But again on a new computer, it shouldn't be your job to address these kinds of issues alone. The retailer should have a return / exchange policy and if not then the manufactuer certainly should have.

Ask a Question