WiFi randomly disconnects on Acer Aspire E1-531

Reaction score
Hi,

Like many others I recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 prior to the July deadline. While everything seems to go smoothly, about once an hour (when in constant use) I will suddenly be notified that I am 'Working Offline' in my browser and the small WiFi symbol at the bottom right of the taskbar will have a yellow triangle warning sign displayed, with an exclamation mark 'I' in it.

So I right-click on that symbol and see that I am still connected to my WiFi Access point and router but that I am not connected to the internet. Do I click on the 'DISCONNECT' button, and then I click on the 'CONNECT' button, and it is all a royal P.I.T.A.

After Googling I quickly came upon the: Open Device Manager, check Network Card, examine Power Mgmt., and uncheck 'Let OS turn this device off' But that did not make the problem go away. The network card is listed as a:
Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter

And when I click on the 'Update Driver' button Windows tells me that I have the latest version installed:
6.30.223.256 dated 2013-06-02

When I examined the driver details they are located here:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\BCMWL63a.SYS
C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\vwifibus.sys

UPDATED: After reading further threads I checked all of the tabs in the Device Manager and found this on the Events tab under Information:

Device PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_E042105B&REV_01\4&3265adab&0&00E1 requires further installation.

At the Acer website this laptop model does not list Windows 10 as one of the choices when you want to download the latest drivers, only versions of Windows 7, 8, and 8.1

Thus far I have not found an exact description of a similar problem in this forum (although there are plenty of WiFi threads).

Suggestions?

Thanks,

-- mdperry

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
IF Acer has an 8.1 driver for your Broadcom 4313 802.11b/g/n adapter, I'd download and install it and see if that process has any impact on your issue.

Ask a Question