Win 10 problem...

Reaction score
Hi regedit32

ha ha ha That is funny... It took you that long did it.... Hang in there.... I guess our minds just cannot wrap around words like defeated, quit, or give up.... It is comforting to know I am not alone...

Thanx....Gunny

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
we must be smart enough to know we lost the battle but we will win the war
I'm not sure that I'm "smart enough" or if in fact "smart" has much to do with it at all.
I've lost my fair share of battles but always win the war, because I always maintain at least one and often multiple disk images and with an SSD imaging to USB 3.0 external storage it's about a 14 minute round trip ( 7 minutes to create the image and about the same to restore it) to recovering my system to a relatively recent point in time.
Consequently I enjoy a fair bit of fearlessness with respect to Windows Updates or other potentially more catastrophic problems with hardware failures or OS file system corruption, especially on my second machine where I am testing the latest preview builds.
I've found that I can't always rely on the native troubleshooting tools within Windows 10
System Restore, Startup Repair, Go Back To.... or even Reset
To rescue me from either Microsoft or myself, so I've chosen third party software (Acronis True Image) to bail me out of the hot water I occasionally find myself in.

Reaction score
Hi Trouble

Let me put it this way anyone that can be appointed as a moderator on one of these forums has to be smart.. You are just being modest...

Are you saying you clone your systems.. You call it imagining isn't that the same thing... Well right here none of those programs helped me I can attest to that...I tried them so many times it is not funny and every way you can impliment them... I also have used that Acronis many many times... Great program I really trust it....

Thanx.....Gunny

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Are you saying you clone your systems.. You call it imagining isn't that the same thing
Close, but..... not exactly and
Someone who is probably way "smarter" than I am, could probably explain it better but as simple as I can explain it and based on my admittedly low level of really understanding both processes
A "Clone" is an exact replica bit for bit or an existing drive and I rarely, as in practically never employ disk cloning. Not because there is anything inherently wrong with it, but.....
A "Disk Image" allows me to more granularly decide what it contains. I can use advanced options in the imaging software to tell it to ignore bad sectors. I can also use exclusion rules to keep a bunch of temp files and other such detritus from being included in the image.
So, again based on my limited understanding with the one (disk cloning) you get the roses with the thorns and with the other..... just the roses.

Ask a Question