SOLVED Win 10 Updates Fail To Install

Reaction score
My updates keep failing to install. Also I no longer have Office 2013 and it keeps showing updates for it? I upgraded to Office 2016.

upload_2016-3-2_7-29-2.png

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Try the update troubleshooter and see if that helps.
Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting
Left column select "View all"
Bottom of list "Windows Update"
See if that helps at all.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Use Internet Explorer and go here http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=KB3140743
Try downloading the stand alone installer and running it locally and see if it works for you. Sometimes it does and sometimes it don't.
Make sure you get the correct version for your system architecture. Usually the larger of the two is for 64 bits the smaller for 32 bit.

Reaction score
Mignt check to see if Windows Firewall is running. I had the same problem. My third party firewall had turned off Windows Firewall. Once I started Windows Firewall my updates downloaded and installed with no problem. Don't know what that had to do with it but it worked for me. Just my 2 cents worth.

Reaction score
Windows firewall is running but these Office 2013 updates keep trying to install and fail.

Any other ideas?

Ask a Question