Windows 10 Boot Loop

Reaction score
i'm sure this has been posted before but I'm getting a boot loop

Could it be because my Norton subscription is finishing... It seems so!!

I've tried most solutions; disabled the malware / anti virus on boot through the menus etc. Repair doesn't fix it / restarted a bunch of times

I'm kind of at my wits end on this and any help would be appreciated

Reaction score
You can get it fixed via Windows Update. Open Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select “Check for updates”. An additional update will be downloaded and installed to your Windows 10 computer to fix the endless reboot loop.

Reaction score
You can get it fixed via Windows Update. Open Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select “Check for updates”. An additional update will be downloaded and installed to your Windows 10 computer to fix the endless reboot loop.

Thanks; I'm guessing that I can do this in safe mode? Otherwise I have no way to update anything as all I get is a loop

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I'm guessing that I can do this in safe mode?
I don't believe that Windows Updates will run in Safe Mode even if you boot into Safe Mode with Networking, but.....
You should be able to uninstall Norton, which is a start, then run the vendor specific proprietary removal tool from here https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/kb20080710133834EN_EndUserProfile_en_us
THEN....
What you might be able to do, if you can boot into safe mode is configure your computer to Clean Boot
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135
Use the steps for Windows 8 / 8.1 (same for 10)
See if that will then allow you to boot the computer normally.

Ask a Question