windows 10 crashes.

Reaction score
I have a Dell laptop - 2 years old. came with windows 8.1 . Never had a problem. I upgraded to Windows 10 in August. In October, it just crashed... none of my apps would open .. all the '10' settings stopped working. Basically I had a working computer with no real operating system. I tried resetting twice and at 37% it always stopped, saying it could not go on, there was an error resetting
image.png
the PC. So, I cleaned the whole thing out and did a clean upgrade. It took me 12 hours to put everything back in and set it up....and 4 days later, it crashed again, right in the middle of my writing an email. It says I have windows 10, but I can't use it. I looked up the laptop on Dell's website and it said that this computer was not really set up for '10' and some things would not work...and some things don't.

I'd be happy to go back to 8.1 How can I do that? I'm so over this. this is the way it looks when I try to open an app.

Reaction score
Gideon, thank you. I tried it over and over and over...when I entered the script :
c:\users\winaero\Desktop\removeapps.ps1
it said it didn't recognize this path try again...I did many times...zip happened except for my frustration level. Thank you for trying.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I'd be happy to go back to 8.1 How can I do that?
Start / 'Settings / Update & Security
Left column "Recovery" the option should be located there to go back
Failing that....
Do you still have access to your Dell Factory partition.
It usually involves a key combination at boot time to evoke the Dell Recovery options, try googling for it and your particular dell computer.

IF you've wiped that as well or if it is still present but empty, then you will have to contact Dell and have them ship you the recovery media.
If you have a warranty it is free, if not there will be a nominal fee.

Ask a Question