Windows 10 DO NOT allow remote access button missing??

Tea

Reaction score
tried to to go in through settings. while the Remote settings section is an option and I can access the box for allow remote connections...but the advanced option button does not open a menu that includes the do not allow remote access option.
here's what I tried

1. Open Control Panel. (Right-click the Start Menu button and then choose Control Panel)

2. Click on System and Security

3. Click on System

4. In the left pane, click on “Remote Settings

5. Check the box “Allow Remote Connections to this computer” to enable Remote Access Remove the check from the box “Allow Remote Connections to this Computer” to disable Remote Access in Windows 10.
The options below do not appear for me

2015-12-03_09-23-141.png

also tried
  1. Enter "remote settings" into the Cortana search box and select "Allow remote access to your computer". This seems counter-intuitive, but this opens the Control panel dialog for Remote System Properties.
  2. Check Don’t Allow Remote Connections to this Computer.
Is there no longer a don't allow remote access button or am I missing something?
Thanks

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Is there no longer a don't allow remote access button or am I missing something?
Open File Explorer -> right click This PC and choose Properties -> Left Column Advanced system settings -> Remote Tab

Does that have what you are looking for?

Regedit32

Reaction score
That is definitely still there.

If viewing by small / large icons:

Control Panel > System > Remote Settings

If viewing by Category:

Control Panel > System and Security > System > Remote Settings
  • Also in the System section you can click Allow Remote Access or if you want Launch Remote Assistance

Tea

Reaction score
thanks for getting back to me. I have been into both System and File. Even after checking and then hitting the advanced button the option doesn't appear.

Attachments

• scrncaptr1.jpg
    scrncaptr1.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 693

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
That would be Windows 10 "HOME" version.
Doesen't have remote access. Cannot host a remote desktop session.

Ask a Question