SOLVED Windows 10 Dual Boot with Windows 7

Reaction score
There were times, right clicking at the C drive did not allow me to use Extend option.
No idea why.
That was when I discovered MiniTool Partition Wizard which helped me "extend" the volume back to C.
That was when I posted to this forum about MiniTool Partition Wizard.

Reaction score
Widows Diskmgmt.
Right click at the partition you want to remove > click Delete Volume
Right click at the main drive C: > click Extend > next window will show the 6.88 GB ( 6.88 x 10240 MB )> click Next > click Finish.
I see the 6.88 Gb partition with green bar but right click at the main drive C: "Extend" is not enabled. I have an option when right clicking on the 6.88 partition to "Delete Partition". Should I do that?

Reaction score
right click at the main drive C: "Extend" is not enabled.

Use the Minitool instead.
Open MiniTool Wizard > rightv click at the main drive C > click Extend > does the window show 6.88 GB ?
If yes, move the slider all the way to the right > click Ok.
If the total amount of volume is larger, you might have to do the Extend part more then once.
In this case, with only 6.88 GB, once should be enough.

Reaction score
I did that but it fails but I do not wish to deal with it any more. I am replacing the drive in two days so it is wasted effort. I see how to do that though so I will be able to do that in the future.

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I see the 6.88 Gb partition with green bar but right click at the main drive C: "Extend" is not enabled. I have an option when right clicking on the 6.88 partition to "Delete Partition". Should I do that?
You will need to have some available "unallocated" space in order to have something to extend the C drive into
AND
To use Disk Management to do this, the unallocated space must be on the right of C other wise you will need to use a third party tool.

Reaction score

You were not following my instructions step by step......................

Widows Diskmgmt.
Right click at the partition you want to remove > click Delete Volume
Right click at the main drive C: > click Extend > next window will show the 6.88 GB ( 6.88 x 10240 MB )> click Next > click Finish.

Ask a Question