SOLVED Windows 10 E-mail Using the app, I can send and receive mail. The problem I'm having is the

Reaction score
Seems I'm not synced to Outlook with my Microsoft log-in . When using the app I can send and receive, but each time I'm asked by a Outlook tech to log-in. How do I get Outlook to accept my Microsoft account?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
but each time I'm asked by a Outlook tech to log-in.
Hello and welcome to the forum.
How and or where are you getting prompted by a so-called "Outlook tech" to log in?
I have never ever received such a notification nor do I believe that any such creature actually exists.
You refer to "the app" which I assume is the Mail App native to Windows 10, but.....
You also refer to "Outlook".
Are you talking about outlook.com or are you talking about the full featured application "Outlook" which is generally part of the Microsoft Office Suite of software?

Reaction score
Seems I'm not synced to Outlook with my Microsoft log-in . When using the app I can send and receive, but each time I'm asked by a Outlook tech to log-in. How do I get Outlook to accept my Microsoft account?
Hello and welcome to the forum.
How and or where are you getting prompted by a so-called "Outlook tech" to log in?
I have never ever received such a notification nor do I believe that any such creature actually exists.
You refer to "the app" which I assume is the Mail App native to Windows 10, but.....
You also refer to "Outlook".
Are you talking about outlook.com or are you talking about the full featured application "Outlook" which is generally part of the Microsoft Office Suite of software?

Yes, the Mail App on Windows 10 - I had signed up for Outlook. The tech message from Outlook came up as an email msg.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I had signed up for Outlook.
Signed up when or how.
Again....
Are you talking about the full featured Outlook application (Office 2015 or 2016 or Office 365) or are you talking about having signed up with a Microsoft Live ID to access Outlook.com web mail.

Reaction score
Signed up when or how.
Again....
Are you talking about the full featured Outlook application (Office 2015 or 2016 or Office 365) or are you talking about having signed up with a Microsoft Live ID to access Outlook.com web mail.
Sorry. I signed up on the Microsoft 10 mail app to access Outlook.com web mail.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Seems I'm not synced to Outlook with my Microsoft log-in
OK.... your "Microsoft log-in", which I assume you mean the account that your are using to log into Windows 10??
Are you using the same account to log into Windows 10 as your
Outlook.com web mail
Outlook.com account?

Reaction score
OK.... your "Microsoft log-in", which I assume you mean the account that your are using to log into Windows 10??
Are you using the same account to log into Windows 10 as your

Outlook.com account?
I've only used my Microsoft log-in. Never had a seperate Outlook.com account.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
That is kind of what I'm trying to get at.....
When you log onto your PC do you do so as
(e-mail address removed)
OR
(e-mail address removed)
Where "somebody" is replaced with YourUserName as in
(e-mail address removed)
OR
(e-mail address removed)

Reaction score
That is kind of what I'm trying to get at.....
When you log onto your PC do you do so as
(e-mail address removed)
OR
(e-mail address removed)
Where "somebody" is replaced with YourUserName as in
(e-mail address removed)
OR
(e-mail address removed)
Yes, when I log onto my PC I use (e-mail address removed)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Great....
Now when you open the Mail App
In the left column near the top you should see "Accounts"
When you click on "Accounts" do you see your
(e-mail address removed)
Listed?
If so click on it and click on "Change mailbox sync settings" make sure it is not set to "manually" set it to something reasonable like every 15 minutes, then you should be good to go.
You should also probably go to www.outlook.com
Log into the web interface as you and confirm that what you are seeing in the browser is the same as you are seeing in the Mail App.

Reaction score
Great....
Now when you open the Mail App
In the left column near the top you should see "Accounts"
When you click on "Accounts" do you see your
(e-mail address removed)
Listed?
If so click on it and click on "Change mailbox sync settings" make sure it is not set to "manually" set it to something reasonable like every 15 minutes, then you should be good to go.
You should also probably go to www.outlook.com
Log into the web interface as you and confirm that what you are seeing in the browser is the same as you are seeing in the Mail App.
Thank you! I changed the sync setting as you suggested, it worked.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
You're welcome. Glad to hear you managed to resolve your issue.
Thanks for posting back and letting us know.

Ask a Question