Windows 10 Insider 19608.1

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I used to use and participate in the insider program.....I just don't have the time or patience to deal with the bugs anymore. I just wait till the actual update is ready.

Are you running the insider build on a separate machine? If not I would....and strictly use it for testing. Otherwise, if you use it as your daily PC with all your personal data on it......you risk the chance of loosing it....all of it. Just a FYI for you.

Reaction score
I used to use and participate in the insider program.....I just don't have the time or patience to deal with the bugs anymore. I just wait till the actual update is ready.

Are you running the insider build on a separate machine? If not I would....and strictly use it for testing. Otherwise, if you use it as your daily PC with all your personal data on it......you risk the chance of loosing it....all of it. Just a FYI for you.
Yes this is my only computer but I have several hard drives to save more than one version. I got another Green screen after a few hours.

Reaction score
I took it to heart when joining the Technical Preview back when available and have it on 2 older computers, Dell OptiPlex 755 and Dell Inspiron 530S [SFF] that were rehabbed instead of landfill. They've done good until .608 with sound problems involving the Control Panel/Sounds, Groove and Windows Media Player. VLC still sounds good.

Reaction score
I had the same experience. On an ancient thread. I was using an old Acer until a few months/builds ago. Finally the graphics could not cope with the updates, so I bailed out of the insiders.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Both of my IP machines had video issues early on with the onboard Intel graphics, no drivers. I put in ATI Radeon 2400 HD cards by Sapphire, no problems since. The OptiPlex is Ethernet-connected 10/100/1000 [Gigabit]. The Inspiron is using an 802.11n Wireless dongle as the Ethernet is only 10/100, better download speeds.

Reaction score
Insider currently and Beta Tester in the past (remember when MS mailed out CD's) Yes, I go way back... and the different releases were of different color (CD's). I use 4 different Programs to make Full Restorable Images, stored on External SSDs, and can go back several versions.
I do enjoy the challenge to find and work to provide fixes for "Bugs" and to me the cutest of all was.
1587153122156.png
then next
1587153235665.gif
now we have Green, Blue, Red & Black Screens.

Reaction score
I was tempted (again!). Loaded it up . I am sitting with it right now. I really cannot say that it was worth my, or Microsofts, efforts.
Performance wise, I don't detect any difference. A few icon changes. Otherwise, I cannot find anything that would mark a two year operation to a "New" OS.

Reaction score
This version not only killed my audio but it constantly freezes, giving me a BSoD with a "DPC watchdog violation" after using Edge. The previous version did not do that.

It also killed my card reader which is currently reinstalled and working again. Audio not so much

Last edited:
Reaction score
update(KB4557426) installed with no issue here, nothing dead, nothing killed, several tests on (My Programs for making Custom ) clocked in a bit faster, and all checked "as good". Enterprise edition.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I lagged behind on getting this build and it seems to have worked out for the best.
I didn't fire up my fast build machine until this morning so I ended up getting the latest that evidently included the CU that was released yesterday.
Everything seems to be working as expected so no beef so far.
[UPDATE 4/17] We’ve released Cumulative Update Build 19608.1006 (KB4557426) that contains a single fix to improve overall reliability of the OS.
SOURCE: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...ncing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-19608/

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Reaction score
This preview has rendered my ability to open Settings non existent. I get a blue box then nothing.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
That has not been my experience....
Capture2.PNG

Of course that's not much help for you and your own experience, and...
As you are probably aware others are reporting other buggy behavior.
It's the nature of the beast when you're testing these types of Insider releases.

Have you tried using the feedback hub and reporting your issue??

Reaction score
I have no issue with Freeze-ups nor with Settings - even rec'd the last update for Office.
1587233334500.png

You might try SFC/scannow, and if you have try a reinstall/repair,

Ask a Question