Windows 10 internet problems.

Reaction score
yesterday my internet was off only on my laptop,I done a system restore and it started working. Today I'm having the same problem. I refuse to do system restore as it takes ages. Sometimes it says the Internet is limited, sometimes no local wifis appear on the list. I done the enable/disable thing, but it doesn't work

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Can you check your update history and see if you're getting a driver update as part of the Windows Updates?

Reaction score
Can you check your update history and see if you're getting a driver update as part of the Windows Updates?
I've done a system update and my internet is still limited, works fine on other devices

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
check your update history and see if you're getting a driver update
I wasn't asking if any were available.
I was asking if you see any mention in your update history of a driver update that had taken place regarding your network adapter(s).

Reaction score
I wasn't asking if any were available.
I was asking if you see any mention in your update history of a driver update that had taken place regarding your network adapter(s).
ah ffs, i typed my post wrong. Should read my post again before posting.

There wasnt any updates for my driver in my update history

Was that what you meant?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Yes.... that's what I meant.
I'm trying to figure out why or how, it was working, then it wasn't and then after a system restore it was and now it isn't again.
Sometimes a less than optimal driver update courtesy of Windows Updates might be the culprit.
Evidently not, so.....
That leaves us with some basics....
First, which system security software do you have installed?

Reaction score
Yes.... that's what I meant.
I'm trying to figure out why or how, it was working, then it wasn't and then after a system restore it was and now it isn't again.
Sometimes a less than optimal driver update courtesy of Windows Updates might be the culprit.
Evidently not, so.....
That leaves us with some basics....
First, which system security software do you have installed?
Do you mean antivirus? Avira and some default ones. It generally happens at exactly the same time at around 6 o clock. It happened against today. I'm completly rebooting my laptop

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
If it is happening with some consistency then you might want to check and make sure that the network adapter that you are using is not being turned off by the operating system

PowerMgmtTab.JPG

Additionally, when it happens you might want to check in Task Manager and see what is running and if there is a firewall component included in your security suite software you might want to familiarize yourself with its' settings and make sure that it's not configured to block a specific protocol or port at a specific time of day.

Reaction score
If it is happening with some consistency then you might want to check and make sure that the network adapter that you are using is not being turned off by the operating system

View attachment 2088

Additionally, when it happens you might want to check in Task Manager and see what is running and if there is a firewall component included in your security suite software you might want to familiarize yourself with its' settings and make sure that it's not configured to block a specific protocol or port at a specific time of day.
Didn't try that. I rebooted my pc, so far its looking good touch wood.

Reaction score
A thought.
Try clicking your connection icon and then the WIFI icon. Make sure you have it set to "connect automatically"

Maybe it won't help, but, also, get into the Device manger. Click Network adapters and then right click you WiFi Adapter.

Click "Properties and then the power management tab.
UNtick the item to allow the computerto turn off the ......

Reaction score
A thought.
Try clicking your connection icon and then the WIFI icon. Make sure you have it set to "connect automatically"

Maybe it won't help, but, also, get into the Device manger. Click Network adapters and then right click you WiFi Adapter.

Click "Properties and then the power management tab.
UNtick the item to allow the computerto turn off the ......
d1a023da4aa48cd88cfa7656c14fcfac.png

Which one?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
That would be the one that actually says "Wi-Fi Adapter"
Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter.

Reaction score
And the picture is not as seen from clicking the network icon, far right on the taskbar.

Reaction score
So the problem seemed to be solved, but today it started happening again, but more frequently. When I restart my laptop, it took half an hour to restart, therefore i had to press the off button. The internet works again once restarted. How do I fix? @Trouble @davehc

Ask a Question