Windows 10 internet problems.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
today it started happening again
That might suggest that today or at least sometime recently you may have gotten a Windows Update.
That update might have included an update to your wireless network adapter.
You can check your update history to see if any such update might have occurred
OR
You can go back into device manager, expand network adapters, right click the wireless adapter and choose properties, select the driver tab and see if the "Rollback" button is available for you to roll back the driver to the previous working version.

Reaction score
I dont see any update in the last few days in "update history"

When I checked device manager, I only have 2 devices under network adapters, which is weird because previously I had lots (you can see on page 1)
737e4a53e57d18e23825ca317a76b56a.png

The roll back option is grey on both of the adapters.

Reaction score
I have had 3 people with Win 10 updates and suddenly the wifi went off. so had to ethernet got to manufacture and
DL their latest driver for save to then install. and when MS updates and kills the wifi, simply restore back to old driver or reinstall.

Reaction score
I have had 3 people with Win 10 updates and suddenly the wifi went off. so had to ethernet got to manufacture and
DL their latest driver for save to then install. and when MS updates and kills the wifi, simply restore back to old driver or reinstall.
I am trying to download the latest driver from HP Support Assistant, but it keeps saying download fail

Reaction score
So I downloaded the latest driver from HP support assistant, and I didnt seem to have a problem for a few days, until it happened against today

Reaction score
I downloaded a new update, and its occurring more frequently now. Very fustrating

Reaction score
Happening more often. Downloaded all the latest drivers Getting very annoyin

O

One-old-guy

Regarding this problem. I made the following changes on 3/29/16 and have not had any problems since.

It seems you need to stop wifi and Ethernet from being put to sleep. Stopping this is not a problem for me as I am not on a laptop and do not need to save power.

Steps are:
A. Open Settings
B. Select Devices
C. Select Device Manager (find it at bottom on right hand of screen)
D. Select Network Adapters
E. Open the wifi adapter (mine was Qualcomm Atheros yours may be different)
F. Select Power Management
G. Unclick Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power

Repeat steps E through G for your Ethernet adapter
I hope this helps everyone.

Reaction score
Regarding this problem. I made the following changes on 3/29/16 and have not had any problems since.

It seems you need to stop wifi and Ethernet from being put to sleep. Stopping this is not a problem for me as I am not on a laptop and do not need to save power.

Steps are:
A. Open Settings
B. Select Devices
C. Select Device Manager (find it at bottom on right hand of screen)
D. Select Network Adapters
E. Open the wifi adapter (mine was Qualcomm Atheros yours may be different)
F. Select Power Management
G. Unclick Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power

Repeat steps E through G for your Ethernet adapter
I hope this helps everyone.
Hi, thanks, I tried this but it didnt work as my internet turned of again randomly meaning i have to restart my laptop. I didnt try it for the ethernet part as i dont use a ethernet cable.

Reaction score
Shadad, I have two general cures that might not help you, but they won't hurt.

1) Right-click the Start Button and select Network Connections. Make sure that you're set to connect automatically to the right wi-fi.

2) Right-click your Start Button and select Task Manager. Click File--Run New Task, and in the box that appears, type powershell, and check the box giving you Administrator Privileges: then hit Enter. Give it a few seconds for the command line to appear, then type sfc /scannow exactly the way I typed it. Notice that there is a space after sfc. It will take over an hour to scan and repair corrupted files; even if it doesn't solve your problem, it can solve others.

Ask a Question