Windows 10 mail removes my e-mail

Reaction score
I am using windows mail in windows 10 , after a little while, for no apparent reason, my emails just disappear ! How can I fix this? I am a novice and would like some help.

Reaction score
Some email clients have a setting to delete email after a certain time. What email client are you using?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Click the settings cog wheel near the bottom left of the Mail app, then click "Reading"
Scroll down near the bottom and change the slider titled "Sort messages into Focused and Other" to "Off"
Does that make any difference in what you are seeing in your "Inbox"?

Reaction score
You could also have a look in the junk box.
Have you been running any other mail program? It could be syncing to the junk.

Reaction score
Possibilities I might think about are did you delete any e-mails on another system which was syncing with the one you have.

When you set up the server, there is an option for how far back to download e-mails. See if it is set to 30 days and if it makes any difference. I also notice messages about searching for older e-mails which might find something. Going down to More and selecting Deleted items might find something.

Reaction score
Click the settings cog wheel near the bottom left of the Mail app, then click "Reading"
Scroll down near the bottom and change the slider titled "Sort messages into Focused and Other" to "Off"
Does that make any difference in what you are seeing in your "Inbox"?
Thanks, I did go to "reading" and scrolled down to "focused inbox" and it won't let me change anything. it says "this setting can't be applied to any of your accounts". I did , however click the "show messages arranged by conversation" to off.

Reaction score
I am using windows mail in windows 10 , after a little while, for no apparent reason, my emails just disappear ! How can I fix this? I am a novice and would like some help.
Some accounts are automatically set to move emails over a certain age to the archive folder. I have had this with several of my accounts; it moved my emails from my saved folder to archive.

Ask a Question