Windows 10 OS Software

Reaction score
Hello ...

I recently purchased a used desktop from a store which came with Win10 Pro. However, it did not come with the Win10 installation discs.

I had a login password problem earlier (resolved) and I noted a reference to a Windows Reset Password Disk -- but, to make one of these I need the Windows 10 installation disk.

So, if I wanted a hard copy (ie. on DVD) of my Windows 10 Pro OS how to I go about getting/creating one?

Is the following link the right place for this? If not, please advise.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10

thank you

Reaction score
I am confused as how to use this ... need to look at it closer, and with a less foggy brain which will become much foggier over the next couple of days due to year end festivities.

So, I will thank you now for your prompt reply and give fair warning that I will likely be back with more questions once the impending hangover has subsided in the new year!

thank you!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I recommend the techbench link above.
Determine what you need first.
Right click the start button and choose "System"
Note at the top under Windows edition (not overly consequential as the techbench link will provide an ISO for both home and pro) but it's good for you to know.
Then look under system and note the System type (it may say 64-bit Operating System or 32 bit Operating System) that is important, as you want to download the proper version of the ISO for your system architecture.

Ask a Question