SOLVED Windows 10 Randomly Freezes

Reaction score
Every few minutes my computer stops responding. As an example while I'm playing Simple Solitaire the time will stop and the game stops responding. The Windows timer however continues to run. While the computer isn't responding the mouse still moves the cursor and I can click on something, but nothing happens. As soon as the game timer starts running again the object(s) I clicked on during the pause open or close. Any thoughts on how to correct this?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
You might want to try clean booting your system as described here
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135
Easily done, easily undone.

Basically you're just disabling all the Startup Items and All non-Microsoft services.
Be sure to check the box to hide Microsoft Services, as you don't want to accidentally disable any of those.

Play your "simple solitaire" game and see if it makes any difference with your problem.

Reaction score
So what can I do now that I've tried everything in the article 'How to perform a clean boot in Windows'? I saw no improvement by disabling any of the services. Any other suggestions?

Reaction score
Both my computer and my wife's computer were having the same problem. I did as suggested on my computer only, but it made no

Ask a Question