SOLVED Windows Software Development Kit

Reaction score
I just downloaded the WSDK plus the features and now don't know what I'm supposed to do with it. I was actually trying to find out if Win 10 had an e-mail app like the old Outlook express (seems like it should), and that question led me to the Microsoft website where I was prompted to download the WSDK. Is there an e-mail app hiding out somewhere on Windows 10 and what am I supposed to do with WSDK? I'm using Gmail right now, but a stand alone app on my computer would be a lot more convenient. Thanks for your assistance.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Not sure what might have gotten you to download and run the SDK, but IF you're not sure what to do with it, the....
You might consider uninstalling it.
Windows 10 does have a native email app, although it is not very robust and many have found it lacking in features and function and have subsequently installed either
Windows Live Mail http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/essentials (you can choose only those components you wish to install).
OR
Something like ThunderBird https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/
Both are a bit more feature rich than the native Windows 10 "Mail" app (Start Button -> All Apps -> Mail

Reaction score
I'm uninstalling WSDK right now as I write this message (it looks like it's going to take as long to uninstall as it did to install...around 45 minutes.) Actually my Gmail is fine for this laptop. I have Windows Mail on my desktop so don't really need any "feature rich" mail program on this computer. I did check out the mail app under all apps and it looks pretty weak,,,better off with Gmail. Thanks for your assistance.

Ask a Question