Attachments

• QA1.jpg
    QA1.jpg
    648.5 KB · Views: 1,130
  • QA2.jpg
    QA2.jpg
    922.6 KB · Views: 1,382
Reaction score
Firstly, are you sure that you have a 'Qualcom Atheros AR5B22' in your Acer Aspire V3-371 and its a Bluetooth/WiFi combined device? As the Acer Aspire V3-371 comes with an 'Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 (a/b/g/h/n/ac), Bluetooth 4.0' because that should not be happening! The Bluetooth/WiFi device that I have changed into my 'Acer Aspire 5750/2414' is the 'Qualcom Atheros AR9462-AR5B22 WLAN 2.4G & 5G + Bluetooth 4.0 Mini PCIe Card' (see attached pic) as my laptop came standard with a 'Qualcom Atheros WiFi 2.4G' only and no Bluetooth.

Ok, to check all this and make sure, do the following steppes:

1. To check and make certain that your Bluetooth works or you have got a 'Bluetooth' go to 'Device Manager' and see Bluetooth (if its not shown, then do step 3 & 4, if it still does not show 'Bluetooth' in your 'Device Manager' then you don't have a WiFi/Bluetooth combined card or its not working.
2. Uninstall the Bluetooth driver first (from Device Manager) by right clicking on the Bluetooth>Bluetooth USB Module then 'Uninstall device'.
3. Use this workaround method, which is much easier and should work: download the Bluetooth Win-8.1 v8.0.1.314 from this link, make sure that you use the 'Download driver AR9462/8.0.1.314' the lime green download link from that site:

https://www.ath-drivers.eu/download-driver-nr-267-for-atheros-AR9462-and-Windows8.html

4. Then unzip it, and click the install.ini file, within this folder (the Win-8.1 v8.0.1.314) which installs the driver automatically, its much easier to install, as it will also install and execute a folder in your ‘Task Bar’ called 'Bluetooth Devices'. See if that is done by going to the ‘Task Bar’ left bottom corner of your screen.
5. After this, update the old (Win-8.1 v8.0.1.314) driver with the new Win-10 Bluetooth driver v10.0.3.14 - 12/03/2018 (that you have already downloaded) through 'Device Manager>Update driver.
6. If the above does not work then also see this link for older drivers (Win 7 & 8) for your Acer Aspire V3-471 as the drivers I have listed are the latest and they are specifically designed for Win-10:
http://driver-laptop-acer.blogspot.com/2013/08/driver-acer-aspire-v3-471.html

This should work for you, its very simple and easy lol if it does not then, you either have a faulty Bluetooth card section or your card is not a 'Qualcom Atheros AR9462-AR5B22'. Or you should uninstall all WiFi and Bluetooth drivers and reboot your computer then, reinstall them as a fresh install and see what happens as my instructions should work perfectly with all the scenarios that I have suggested, as I can't help you any further if it does not work and there must be some other factors involved that i can't diagnose without seeing your laptop.

i tried uninstall all WiFi and Bluetooth drivers and reboot my PC
i tried to install every driver here

Do I have to change the card?
With the same version you have

Reaction score
i tried uninstall all WiFi and Bluetooth drivers and reboot my PC
i tried to install every driver here

Do I have to change the card?
With the same version you have

Yes it seems like your problem is hardware and your card is faulty! The card that you have shown me is the same as mine, they are both an Atheros: AR5B22, Model: AR5B22 and if you look at the bottom where the pins are they both have the markings of WB222 / 250-02062-70 so these cards are exactly the same. These cards are both 'WiFi & BT 4.0' cards, so it should work with the drivers and the instructions that I've given you, it works for me perfectly and this card is excellent both in 5G WiFi and Bluetooth, it has great connectivity. I'm enclosing a photo of how my card is connected in my laptop (the black lead is connected to the left pin and the white to the right) make sure that your connection is the same and photos of the exact card that I have. If the drivers don't work then your card must be faulty, buy a new one (from ebay) as they are very cheap like $12.00 Australian that I paid for mine. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 20180926_145002.jpg
    20180926_145002.jpg
    985.2 KB · Views: 1,178
  • 20180926_145148.jpg
    20180926_145148.jpg
    956.5 KB · Views: 1,790
  • 20180926_145158.jpg
    20180926_145158.jpg
    670 KB · Views: 1,145
Last edited:
Reaction score
That what make me sure that my card is faulty
But if I bought a card with better specifications and features
Do you think it will work on my ACER?
If yes, what do you suggest
If the answer is no, I will change it with the same type

I do not know how to thank you for your time and effort with me
But thank you very very much :)

Reaction score
Yes it seems like your problem is hardware and your card is faulty! The card that you have shown me is the same as mine, they are both an Atheros: AR5B22, Model: AR5B22 and if you look at the bottom where the pins are they both have the markings of WB222 / 250-02062-70 so these cards are exactly the same. These cards are both 'WiFi & BT 4.0' cards, so it should work with the drivers and the instructions that I've given you, it works for me perfectly and this card is excellent both in 5G WiFi and Bluetooth, it has great connectivity. I'm enclosing a photo of how my card is connected in my laptop (the black lead is connected to the left pin and the white to the right) make sure that your connection is the same and photos of the exact card that I have. If the drivers don't work then your card must be faulty, buy a new one (from ebay) as they are very cheap like $12.00 Australian that I paid for mine. Hope this helps.

Oh yes all wires are in the right place

Reaction score
That what make me sure that my card is faulty
But if I bought a card with better specifications and features
Do you think it will work on my ACER?
If yes, what do you suggest
If the answer is no, I will change it with the same type

I do not know how to thank you for your time and effort with me
But thank you very very much :)

The card that I've shown you in the photos on my Acer Aspire 5750/2414 laptop is the best card for your Acer Aspir V3-471 laptop, there is no such thing as 'better specifications' as these cards are both exactly the same and are of the same specs and quality, the one that I'm suggesting is a 'WiFi 2.4G & 5G and Bluetooth 4.0' card to replace the one that is faulty in your laptop and is of better quality! Here is a link to ebay Australia site but this card is from China so they will send it to you wherever you are located and you can purchase this card for AU$13.59 (which I don't know how much it is where you are?) and its the exact one that I have in my laptop, the link is:
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Atheros...740853?hash=item3d48f0b9f5:g:ENcAAOSw2yRZlusf

You should have no problems with this card and you will enjoy great WiFi and Bluetooth. Cheers

Last edited:
Reaction score
DONE. An order has been made
The worst thing is the delivery date is from October 12 to November 2, to Saudi Arabia

When I receive it I will tell you if it works or not

Reaction score
Also as an additional thing(s) that you could do is, what is the specs of your Acer V3-471? Is it a V3-471 or is it a V3-471G? Give me the exact specs as you could improve the performance of this laptop by changing the CPU, HDD and RAM as you could have a really quick and efficient upgrade to your laptop (which I've done to my Aspire 5750/2414) that will have no problems with Windows 10 Home or Pro 64bit. As the standard Acer V3-471 came with an Intel Core i3-2348M (which is pretty slow and inefficient) that can be upgraded to either an Intel Core i5-2540M 2 core 4 thread or an Intel Core i7-2760QM 4 core 8 thread CPU (you can purchase these on ebay also) and then if you are running 4Gb RAM you can increase this to 8GB and also change your spinner type HDD 500GB to an SSD e.g. Samsung EVO 500GB SSD which will make your laptop 100% faster and more efficient. These Acer laptops are really easy to upgrade to better specs and when they are, they become excellent laptops for very minimal money.

Last edited:
Reaction score
DONE. An order has been made
The worst thing is the delivery date is from October 12 to November 2, to Saudi Arabia

When I receive it I will tell you if it works or not

Yeah that happened to me also, anything from China takes ages to be delivered even here to Australia. But, that should solve your problems with the Bluetooth and WLAN and as I've written also, that your laptop can be improved if you are a 'Do It Yourself' guy 'HUSSAM' with what I've listed in my other post.

Reaction score
Also as an additional thing(s) that you could do is, what is the specs of your Acer V3-471? Is it a V3-471 or is it a V3-471G? Give me the exact specs as you could improve the performance of this laptop by changing the CPU, HDD and RAM as you could have a really quick and efficient upgrade to your laptop 9which I've done to my Aspire 5750/2414) that will have no problems with Windows 10 Home or Pro 64bit. As the standard Acer V3-471 came with an Intel Core i3-2348M (which is pretty slow and inefficient) that can be upgraded to either an Intel Core i5-2540M 2 core 4 thread or an Intel Core i7-2760QM 4 core 8 thread CPU (you can purchase these on ebay also) and then if you are running 4Gb RAM you can increase this to 8GB and also change your spinner type HDD 500GB to an SSD e.g. Samsung EVO 500GB SSD which will make your laptop 100% faster and more efficient.

my laptop is ACER V3-471G
CPU : Intel Core i5-2450M 2.50 GHz (i think it's second generation)
RAM was : 4 DDR3
RAM now : Add 4 DDR3 - Total 8 DDR3
HDD 500 GB

In fact I have read an comment for you talking about upgrading, I liked it.
It makes me think hard about changing the hard disk from HDD to SDD
I know it will change the device completely
But how do you change the CPU because I want to change the CPU from the second generation to the last generation , Is this possible?

Reaction score
Yeah that happened to me also, anything from China takes ages to be delivered even here to Australia. But, that should solve your problems with the Bluetooth and WLAN and as I've written also, that your laptop can be improved if you are a 'Do It Yourself' guy 'HUSSAM' with what I've listed in my other post.

Haha, believe me, I have the "do it yourself" talent from childhood
I have most of the required tools
I am very interested in what you are doing
That's because you did everything
As it is said, "Ask an experimenter and do not ask a doctor"

Reaction score
my laptop is ACER V3-471G
CPU : Intel Core i5-2450M 2.50 GHz (i think it's second generation)
RAM was : 4 DDR3
RAM now : Add 4 DDR3 - Total 8 DDR3
HDD 500 GB

In fact I have read an comment for you talking about upgrading, I liked it.
It makes me think hard about changing the hard disk from HDD to SDD
I know it will change the device completely
But how do you change the CPU because I want to change the CPU from the second generation to the last generation , Is this possible?

The i5-2540M is a great CPU as its GPU HD3000 speed is at 650-1300MHz while the i7-2720QM is at 650-1100MHz but the extra grunt that you get from the i7 of 4 cores 8 threads is an improvement over the i5. With changing the CPU, you have to completely unscrew and remove allot of internals of your laptop (see on youtube if they have a clip on this for your V3-471G) as they did have one on my Aspire 5750 so I did it that way, to know how to do it perfectly. The CPU is underneath the motherboard which is a bit of a pain but, once you undo all the screws and get to the CPU its very easy to change. I would suggest that you go up to an i7-2720QM (which I have in my laptop) and I upgraded it from an i5-2410M or yu can even upgrade to an i7-2860QM (if you can buy one). With the SSD I would use a Samsung EVO, that is what I have and it works unbelievably quick and its improved my boot time from minutes to just seconds. I also used my old spinner HDD as a slave and put it into the DVD slot of the laptop. All this will improve your laptop unbelievably like it did mine, as before, it was very slow and became impossible to use. Now, its really fast with Windows 10 Pro 64bit and it takes just 15 seconds to boot and multitasking and anything that I do is lighting fast.

Reaction score
Your 2nd gen 2540M can only be changed to a max i7-2960XM and even that is only a 36% chance of it working, see this site CPU-Upgrade:
http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/CPUs/Intel/Core_i5_Mobile/i5-2540M_(PGA).html

This site has compatibility of all CPU's, have a look at the tables and see the 'Upgrade Chance' column as that is what these guys have got knowledge in. As you can see, the upgrade that I've done is a 91% success rate from an i5-2410M to an i7-2720QM so, this is what you have to bear in mind and be careful as a 36% chance of an upgrade might not work but then again, it could work, the TDP Wattage is a factor here with your motherboard. So keep all this in mind as these factors have a big bearing if you want to upgrade to a gen 3 i5-3210M is a socket G2 etc then a gen 4 is a Socket G3 which won't fit and you could not do that? Which Perhaps a one gen upgrade could be done but, it might not work? As I haven't tried it and I can't give you any advice on so be careful.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The card that I've shown you in the photos on my Acer Aspire 5750/2414 laptop is the best card for your Acer Aspir V3-471 laptop, there is no such thing as 'better specifications' as these cards are both exactly the same and are of the same specs and quality, the one that I'm suggesting is a 'WiFi 2.4G & 5G and Bluetooth 4.0' card to replace the one that is faulty in your laptop and is of better quality! Here is a link to ebay Australia site but this card is from China so they will send it to you wherever you are located and you can purchase this card for AU$13.59 (which I don't know how much it is where you are?) and its the exact one that I have in my laptop, the link is:
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Atheros...740853?hash=item3d48f0b9f5:g:ENcAAOSw2yRZlusf

You should have no problems with this card and you will enjoy great WiFi and Bluetooth. Cheers

I received the new chips
But that didn't work, same old chips
I can't find BT ):

Reaction score
Reaction score
I received the new chips
But that didn't work, same old chips
I can't find BT ):

That's impossible 'HUSSAM'? First, have you completely uninstalled and reinstalled the BT & WiFi drivers, yes? Try this now, take the Wi/Fi & BT card out, boot the comp, uninstall all the drivers for Wi/Fi & BT, shut down the PC, then reinstall the card, then, reboot. Reinstall Wi-Fi driver "win10-10.0.3.456-whql" then BT driver for 8.1 "bt-8.0.1.314-win7881" as this has an auto "win764.exe" installer that installs the BT program automatically within windows, then, update the BT driver to the Win-10 driver "bt-10.0.3.14-win1064' through 'device manager'>BT to get the version that I have shown you below, if you follow these procedure the Wi-Fi & BT should work and be the same as mine, if it doesn't then there is something wrong with your card slot as its impossible for this new card not to work with the software that I've given you. I'm enclosing my network adaptor and BT adaptors details from 'Device Manager' for your information, as that is what you should have in your 'Device Manager' for the Wi-Fi and BT to work, as mine works perfectly.

Attachments

• BT-1.JPG
    BT-1.JPG
    21.3 KB · Views: 949
  • BT-2.JPG
    BT-2.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 935
  • NA-1.JPG
    NA-1.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 975
  • NA-2.JPG
    NA-2.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 1,151
Last edited:
Reaction score
I have an old HP Probook 4530s, its WLan is working perfect but its bluetooth is not working, totally off. Can any one recommned my any driver for this or i had to get it replaced ?

Reaction score
I have an old HP Probook 4530s, its WLan is working perfect but its bluetooth is not working, totally off. Can any one recommned my any driver for this or i had to get it replaced ?

First of all, you haven't mentioned anything about what adaptor and/or OP system, that you have??? I presume that your WLan & BT is a "Qualcomm Atheros"?

From what I can gather, the HP ProBook 4530s has an Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter (b/g/n), Bluetooth 3.0 +HS. (the drivers for the wireless part are here on this link: https://www.ath-drivers.eu/atheros-wireless-drivers.html) and for the BT 3.0+HS driver (see this page: https://www.ath-drivers.eu/atheros-bluetooth-drivers.html) then, look at the "Note/Chipset" column and go down to "Bluetooth v3.0+HS" which is related to the "Type" column for the "Dell 1702" and chose your appropriate OP (as your HP came with Win-7) and I don't know what you are running now?

But to make sure, go to your 'Device manager' and open "Network adaptors" (as your Bluetooth won't show up, if its not working) and see, the exact wireless adaptor that you have. usually the BT driver is very sensitive and it disables if there is a windows major update and/or it gets corrupted, then you have to reinstall it.

After that, update/install these drivers, either through the setup.exe process or through "Update driver" through "Device Manager"

Btw: the wireless driver for Win-10 is the "win10-10.0.0.318-dell-whql.zip and the Bluetooth v3.0+HS for Win-10 is the "win10-10.0.0.318-dell-whql.zip" just as a guide.

Last edited:
Reaction score
fwiw, I bought several AR5B22 cards in the past to add dual band wifi and BT capability to several old Dell core 2 duo laptops running Windows 10. Most of them were Acer branded cards which were easier to find on eBay. I think there was a Samsung and a Fujitsu branded card amongst them. They all work.

Today, I installed one of these cards (I think it was an Acer) into an Samsung RF511 (i5-2xxx) laptop running Windows 7 for a friend for its dual band capability. Downloaded latest qualcom AR9462 wifi and BT drivers from ath-drivers.eu. Wifi works great. But even after trying different BT drivers and starting the 'BT support service', there is no BT device listed in Device Manager (View hidden devices enabled). I am absolutely certain BT worked on this particular card that was previously installed in one of my older Dell Windows 10 notebook.

Fortunately, the owner of the Samsung laptop didn't require bluetooth, so I abandoned investigating the issue any further. The same laptop did previously have a broadcom single band wifi/BT card in it.

I did a bit of googling and stumbled across this thread.

Last edited:

Ask a Question