SOLVED Blank prints in Edge Browser

Reaction score
Win10. Edge Prints blank page. At first I thought I had a clogged nozzle and used utility to clean. No luck. Then reloaded driver and rebooted. No luck. Printing a test page worked fine. Printing a document works.
Finally, I noticed that the screen you use to control Edge printing showed a blank page, (see right side below) Which is what it prints... Nothing! This is the screen that appears when you right click for printing. When I used IE a different printing screen showed and worked fine. Both Edge and Dogpile have this printing bug. It worked fine a couple days ago? Any idea what is going on?
upload_2018-5-31_12-38-54.png

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Does this happen on all sites you try and print a page from, or only the one particular site?

I've just done a test in Edge and it works OK for me (using build 17134.48 build on this machine).

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Same here.
Although I don't use EDGE much, I just tested on my Epson WF-3640 printer and it seems to be working fine

Capture.PNG

Both Edge and Dogpile have this printing bug.
Worth mentioning I suppose is....
Dogpile is not a browser (IE, Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, etc.,)
Dogpile is a search engine, so using it as a search interface within EDGE would likely produce the same results.
Have you tried Dogpile as a search engine within Internet Explorer?
Do you still get the blank page

Reaction score
Does this happen on all sites you try and print a page from, or only the one particular site?

I've just done a test in Edge and it works OK for me (using build 17134.48 build on this machine).
It shows the blank print page on all sites I tried. Below is the screen I see for printing for IE. It works fine. I have made no changes. Just started doing this out of the blue?
upload_2018-6-1_13-36-32.png

Reaction score
Same here.
Although I don't use EDGE much, I just tested on my Epson WF-3640 printer and it seems to be working fine

View attachment 8651

Worth mentioning I suppose is....
Dogpile is not a browser (IE, Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, etc.,)
Dogpile is a search engine, so using it as a search interface within EDGE would likely produce the same results.
Have you tried Dogpile as a search engine within Internet Explorer?
Do you still get the blank page
Not positive I did it the right way... I used Edge to search for Dogpile and DuckDuck. Then used both of these to do a search and tried printing. Both showed the blank print page. Then did the same using IE as the lead in and both then showed the other Print App and worked. Seems that Edge is the culprit??

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It may be worth resetting Edge to default settings (I think this should fix it) - this will remove your bookmarks and history, so be sure to have a backup if you need this.
  • Open File Explorer and browse to:

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe

You can just copy/paste that path in to the address bar.

• Delete everything in this folder
  • Right click the start button and select "Windows Powershell (Admin)"
  • Paste in the following command and hit enter:

Code:
    Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml" –Verbose}

Reaction score
Win Powershell does not show when I R-Click Start -or- WinKey+X. Would PowerSHell be same as Command Prompt? Been using IE and it works fine. Is there a way to switch whatever print program Edge uses to instead use the IE Print App? Seems odd that so much would be spent developing Edge and then seemingly do nothing to correct things?

Reaction score
You probably dont have it enabled for the right click menu. But it is in the start menu if you scroll down.

If you want to see it on the right click, as Ian mentions, go to settings -personalisation and select the taskbar from the right hand side. The option is there to replace the command prompt.

Reaction score
I saw that an update to Win10 was coming. Since I thought my problem had its root in Edge, I waited till the latest version of Win10 was installed. Printing now works! From all the advice given I was able to get Command Prompt replaced with PowerShell. Thanks to all.

Reaction score
That's good news. We seem to be seeing more and more printer and log in problems of late with Windows updates.

Ask a Question