Build 16237 for PC

Regedit32

Reaction score
Wow a ton of new features for my favorite browser :)

Although to be honest having Microsoft David or Zira read text to me is not exactly appealing.

I guess I better install it and play around to see what all the fuss is.

Some of the other fixes ought to be interesting to test out too.

Note: Apparently the Reset option for this prerelease will fail at 1% so definitely make a System Image if you think you may want to return to previous build.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Its been an hour and the Update has downloaded 75% --- I suppose that is better than last week, but not much better.

Reaction score
I don't use Edge so I see very little interesting in this build. No interest in mixed reality or people just want Office and the old W7/8 solitaire games to work. MS still uninstall those old games on every build. I notice they also uninstall my fully licenced uptodate MalwareBytes whic is annoying.

Reaction score
I spent 3.5 hours trying to update this got 5 GSOD's and never made it out of Windows update. I am done, I don't know what the issue is each GSOD blames something else from having a generic audio which I don't to Samsung Magician. Funny I had few issues till RS3 and am unable to update to any of them through WU. But I am done with this, wasted enough time I think I will just finally just use my PC for pleasure and not as a lab rat.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Its been an hour and the Update has downloaded 75%
I noticed that my install also seemed to stay in and around the mid-seventy percent for quite a while as well. Seems last time was similar.
Took a total of 3 hours for me AFTER the end of the download
Mine took a while as well. Not sure it was 3 hours but it may have been close.
I always take some time to build a new ISO from my first install, before clicking the "Restart" button. Before all the files that I need to do it with disappear into the Ether, so that impacts my overall install time and makes it difficult to say exactly how long it takes.

However my second install using the ISO, took almost exactly 30 minutes from clicking setup.exe from the mounted ISO to a running and functioning desktop, and that's pretty much what happened for me with the last build.

AND
Magically my "Photos" live tile started working again in this build. Made me smile. Of course I'm easily pleased.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Well here is the final data on my Download / Install.

I'd be surprised if anyone gets a much better time - but if you do feel free to rub it in :D

rs_prerelease 16237.png

Reaction score
This insalled faster thanthe previous but still seemed very slow at 76%, 77%. No problem so far. I do not use Edge. I plan to switch from Chrome as soon as independent testers all say Edge is superior in all ways to Chrome. I doubt that will ever occur however.

Reaction score
I can't even update to that one. When first started it was awaiting download and stayed there for a long time. After a restart I cant even open Windows update anymore. I can click on the symbol and it changes size as if it is working but nothing more happens......

I am seriously considering getting out of the Insider program. It really is no more fun...

Regedit32

Reaction score
I can click on the symbol and it changes size as if it is working but nothing more happens......

In an elevated command prompt:

Code:
net stop bits

Press Enter

net stop wuauserv

Press enter

net start wuauserv

Press Enter

net start bits

Press Enter

That ought to kick some life back into it. The download took me 1 hour, 10 minutes, of which most of that 70 minutes was spent getting from 75% to 100%.

Reaction score
net stop bits

Press Enter
The Background Intelligent Transfer Service service is stopping..
The Background Intelligent Transfer Service service was successfully stopped.

net stop wuauserv

Press enter
The service is starting or stopping. Please try later again.

that is as far as I can get....
Gonna reinstall an image I have made previously

Reaction score
Installed Image but still the same:

Untitled.png

it is awaiting download now for almost two hours.....

Regedit32

Reaction score
it is awaiting download now for almost two hours.....

Looks like their server pipes are stuffed again.

When they sought that you have a good 3 hours while it downloads, then sets up the install, and finally restarts.

Reaction score
Well, it took only 8 hours to unclog the pipes of Microsoft (they probably did not pay their plumber good enough ;):D:D). I finally got to hit the download button. Now I am waiting again.......

Regedit32

Reaction score
Well, it took only 8 hours to unclog the pipes of Microsoft (they probably did not pay their plumber good enough ;):D:D). I finally got to hit the download button. Now I am waiting again.......

*ouch!*

I have a suggestion for you then, given in total you are looking at 11 hours.

Telephone one of those annoying companies that play elevator music at you, and record 30 seconds of it.

Now open a music editor and record yourself saying, "Your Insider Program is important to me, I'll be with you shortly to give you feedback" — insert that into the looped music at a repeat of 30 second intervals, i.e. elevator music - your insider program l is important to me ... - elevator music - your insider program is important to me ... - elevator music - 1 minute report.

Just make sure the elevator music - your insider program is important to me ... - elevator music continues for at least 10 hours, 59 minutes before inserting your actual report. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
That's a good idea. However after 12 more hours of downloading nothing I quit the update. I do not think I will do much for the Insider program anymore. Since the Insider installation I have is on a separate HDD, I may start over and reinstall, have not decided yet......

Regedit32

Reaction score
I'll wait and see how long it takes to download, pre-install, then actually install *lol*

Ask a Question