Build 16273

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Capture.PNG

Available now.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...ng-windows-10-insider-preview-build-16273-pc/
We are now at the point of the development cycle for the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update where our focus is now on stabilization for release to the world.
And what was most interesting, was they didn't include a section on "Known Issues" this time.
But at least it's clear, this release (RS3) is feature locked and there won't be any "new features" to come.
Just fixing any remaining bugs.

Last edited:

Regedit32

Reaction score
The initial download was real fast this time, install was equally as fast -- combined total 11 mins

Then it appear to repeat download, which took about a hour.

The restart - final install was much the same as usual - about 15- 20 mins if you include the final greeting mumbo jumbo.

Otherwise it seems they are finally closer to making the whole download install experience far better.

Reaction score
I was tempted. Dropped out of the insider a while ago.

I installed this one. Frankly, I cannot find any mind shattering differences from my already stable installation!!

Ant pointers, anyone??

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Nope.... you're on your own.
It seems like it has been so long and so non-stop, that you forget which new feature or function came from which build process, and....
IF there was a truly "WOW" factor event along the way, it pretty much gets lost in the noise of the various bug problem blow-ups.

I suspect that if someone installed the first version 1507 (10240) on one computer and this latest preview build on another and ran a side by side comparison, their ability to find the "WOW" would be a challenge.
Maybe we're all just part of one big social experiment to see how long we'll all participate in this new normal before we jump ship.

Other than the original big kernel change that differentiated Windows 10 from Windows 7 in how it handled memory management and other system resources, I can't point to a single thing that benefits the average, everyday user.
No doubt there have been advances. There Eye Control project http://fortune.com/2017/08/03/microsoft-windows-10-eye-control/ is a bit "WOW" worthy, but......
I'm not sure that things like Paint 3D actually blows anyone's skirt up.

Pretty sure that is why a lot of people are clinging to Windows 7 in much the same way that many held on to Windows XP for so long.

Reaction score
Ok. I've dumped it and backed out of the INsider program again. Tks for the opinion, Trouble. I agree with every word.

Reaction score
16273 certainly did install a lot faster than the previous 3 builds. Nothing new...but then it didn't break anything either

Regedit32

Reaction score
Frankly, I cannot find any mind shattering differences from my already stable installation!!

There is definitely some changes behind the scenes that I've noticed from the Registry, in particular that affect those using Home editions of Windows 10.

I've mentioned in past threads: Microsoft is step by step actively blocking the ability to introduce your your own policies that work-around their vision of how Windows 10 will display on your screen, or how some WUAs will run or not run [ if that was your choice ].

A more recent announcement in regards to Adobe Flash Player highlights this focus. Microsoft over the next 3 years will gradually phase out all Users of a Windows OS [ any edition or build ] ability to use this software. Ultimately Registry changes and other methods within the System files will make it impossible for a User to even install the software. Now this is for the growing security problems around this particular application [ or so we are told ].

My guess is Microsoft simply want to make some serious coin with their HTML 5.

Reaction score
One never knows, with regard to "behind the scenes" goings ons. Undoubtedly, after so many months of alteration and so-called progression, something is being done at the Microsoft end.

But, similar to comments I read on speed differences in browsers, from the visual aspect, I had the latest build (Fresh install), running alongside the standard 1703 install, on identical laptops. I have not dallied in the inside program for several months, but could not pick out any discernible differences which would, if a cost was involved, make me wish to move on to the "Autumn" update.
With regard to Flash. It is Adobe, themselves, who are phasing out the program. Naturally, any software producers worth their salt will be also looking at alternatives.

Ask a Question