Cant get past date time page

Reaction score
screen save.JPG Can't get past this page. At this stage I usually hit any key and my avatar and password block appear so I can login. Al that happens is the page appears to roll upwards and then returns as before, my avatar and the password block appear for a millisecond in the background. I cannot tell you what my system is as I can't get into get it. I had just done the latest update for windows 10.

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Try using the space bar on your keyboard.
IF that doesn't dismiss the lock screen
Then see if you can grab it with your mouse and move it up and off the top of your screen in a casting motion.

Reaction score
Try using the space bar on your keyboard.
IF that doesn't dismiss the lock screen
Then see if you can grab it with your mouse and move it up and off the top of your screen in a casting motion.
Thanks for that Trouble. Tried but no luck.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Sorry but I haven't ran into this particular problem before.
Have you tried using the Ctrl + Alt + Delete keyboard combination to see if that produced anything different.
I see we have another member asking what appears to be the same question here
https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/stuck-on-welcome-screen.11897/
So now I'm wondering if you both got a recent Windows Update that may have caused the issue.

Reaction score
Have you tried using the Ctrl + Alt + Delete keyboard combination to see if that produced anything different.
So now I'm wondering if you both got a recent Windows Update that may have caused the issue.
I'm pretty sure that is the case Trouble. As this started soon after the auto update.

Reaction score
Also Ctrl+Alt+Delete just did what everything else did.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Try using an alternate input device.
IF you have a spare USB wired mouse and or keyboard try using one or the other or both to see if you get a different result.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Have you tried connect a wired USB mouse and or keyboard into an alternate USB port on your system?

Reaction score
This is exactly what's happening to me. I did notice some updates yesterday when I shut it down, and today when I started it up it's doing the same thing. It's not the input devices as it recognizes that keys are being pressed and I went into the BIOS to tinker with the settings, and it had no problems recognizing key strokes.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
In researching this issue where the input devices seem to work properly in the System Setup Utility (BIOS) but Windows hangs at the Welcome / Lock Screen, the consensus seems to be a driver issue.
Either with the input devices (keyboard or mouse / or wireless dongle) or the actual USB ports and sometimes using either an alternate input device (wired keyboard or mouse) or an alter USB port on the system (even front ports on desktop systems) will get you past the issue.

Reaction score
Like I said, it recognizes that there are key strokes because the Date and Time fly up off the screen with anything I press. At that point the screen turns black for a moment and returns to the image with the date and time at the bottom.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Try booting from the installation media.
Use the "Repair your PC" link on the second page after the language and keyboard page, to get to
Troubleshooting -> Advance Troubleshooting
From there maybe try to use Startup Settings to restart the computer into Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking and see if the problem persists.

Reaction score
I have identical issue on laptop but I have no external keyboard or mouse! Also can't find anyway to boot in safe mode or get to "repair your PC". I have no installation disk (and no CD/DVD drive) am I screwed???

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I have no installation disk (and no CD/DVD drive) am I screwed???
Do you have access to another working PC that you can use to construct the installation media from which to boot the problem laptop (friend, family member, neighbor, etc.)?

Reaction score
So after months I've finally created a W10 recovery USB but still can't use it. My Lenovo laptop boots so fast I simply can't get it into boot mode to use. I hit F2 as soon as the Lenovo screen come us but it still boots W10 every time.

Does anyone:
* Know how to solve this issue so I can boot from the USB?
* Or come across another solution to the original problem caused by W10 update?

Reaction score
I have been struggling with the same issue of not being able to get beyond the Date/Time page. Some bloggers have recommended powering down 3x which takes you to an "Automatic Repair" page. It then asks me to select a box titled "Advanced Options." Another matching box is titled "Shut Down." This box is highlighted. My problem is that I can not activate either box. My keyboard and mouse do not function at all on the page. I have to power down to get out of that page. How can I move past that page to do the "Advanced Options" being offered?

Reaction score
I should mention that I tried several keyboards and mice to make sure there was no problem with them. The "Advanced Options" page would allow me to do repairs so I would really appreciate help with this issue. Thanks.

Ask a Question