Can't import photos from my Ipad to my PC

Reaction score
In the past I've been able to import photos. The last two times it finds the Ipad and fails while loading the photos for import. All it says is "Something went wrong". The Ipad is new, but I have successfully imported photos using it.

Reaction score
Also use the latest iTunes, I had to on Win10 with an iPad 2 running iOS 9.5.

Reaction score
I'm running OS 14.2 on the Ipad, Itunes version is 12.11, and I just updated Win10. Still got the error when I tried to import. I changed USB cables too.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
No real fix but more of a work around that works for me.

I use Google Photos on my iPhone SE. In conjunction with Apple Photo's, all my pictures are also saved to Google photos. Then go to a browser and sign into Chrome/Google the click on Photos and can download/move pictures and videos to where ever.

Note: just keep in mind that Apple uses the HEIC format to save photos. So either change the setting on your Phone to not use HEIC or use the "save as" method from Google photos to save to PC.

It sounds like a lot of work but it's really not. Once all set up it's super easy. I've been doing this for years....ever since my first Apple iPhone which was an iphone 6.

Reaction score
In the past I've been able to import photos. The last two times it finds the Ipad and fails while loading the photos for import. All it says is "Something went wrong". The Ipad is new, but I have successfully imported photos using it.
have you checked photos set to "automatic" in settings this allows transfer to mac or pc may pay to un- check and re-tick the setting

Reaction score
@Michael. You don't say what process that you are using to do the import, so it is a bit hard to advise what may be going wrong.
However, if your Win10 is at version 2009, there is a function in Photos to import from Apple or Android devices. After connecting the Ipad to the PC via a USB cable, open Photos and click on Import (top RH corner) then From a USB device. You will see a message on the ipad to the effect that you trust the PC. Click allow on that. The Ipad should be found and you can select what you want to import.
Alternately, if you use File Manager, you should see the ipad listed there and you can browse the DCIM folder and copy and paste your pics from there.

Reaction score
Is Bonjour running on your Win10 computer it has to be running to import anything from apple mobile products also apple mobile device support has to be running

Reaction score
RE the image format, the images I copied from the older iPad I referred to ended up on Win10 as .jpg, over 1200, no conversion necessary or maybe iTunes did it.

Reaction score
  • Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes on your PC. Importing photos to your PC requires iTunes 12.5.1 or later.
  • You might also see a prompt on the iOS device asking you to Trust This Computer. Tap Trust or Allow to continue.

Reaction score
I had a similar problem. It was caused by iCloud taking control of everything. I shut that down in my iPhone, and transfers worked again. Note, I may have some of the names wrong, but if you have something similar, try it.

Ask a Question