Can't log in to Windows 10

Reaction score
Hello!

I have the online free version of Windows 10 installed on a computer/desktop.
I get to the part where I should enter the passport. Only problem I don't have a place to write my passport into. Nothing there isn't a box or anything.

Before that the time and date comes up. I can check the wifi and restart or turn the computer off with the basic 3 icons.

Could use some help!
I'm not getting anywhere and I need the desktop ASAP.

Thanks in advance!!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Boot from the installation media and use the Repair your PC link after the language and keyboard page to access Advanced Troubleshooting Options -> Startup settings
To restart your PC into Safe Mode with Networking and see if you have the password text box available to you there.

Reaction score
Thank you. But after I press F2 this appers on the screen. I can not find what you wrote to me.
Can you keep helping me?

Attachments

• Snapchat-2016605575.jpg
    Snapchat-2016605575.jpg
    297.3 KB · Views: 393

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
My suggestion was that.....
You'll need to boot from the installation media. If you do not have the installation media on hand you can download the ISO from here
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
Once you have the ISO, you can use ImgBurn to burn it to a DVD, http://imgburn.com/
or Rufus to burn it to a USB ThumbDrive, http://rufus.akeo.ie/
either of which you can use to boot your computer.

Once you have the installation media in hand you need to boot the machine from that.
Typically...... most machines have a means by which you can evoke something called the "One time boot menu" which involves striking an Fkey during post.
You may see some information when your system POSTs that says which key to strike for that menu. Otherwise you may need to consult your machines documentation (physical or on-line) for that information.
OR
You can always use the "Boot Configuration" item in your image above to place your boot media at the top of the list.
The problem with that option is, it may continuously boot the installation media and result in the install process repeating from the start over and over, until you change it back to the hard disk.
Most newer machines are smart enough not to do this and require that you strike a key (any key) to actually boot from such external media but I have no way of knowing how old your system is.

I can still remember people calling me about errors reporting "no boot device found"..... in which case I would tell them to eject their floppy disk from Drive A and see if that helped. A very long time ago.

Reaction score
Thank you so I downloaded Rufus on my laptop because I have an USB to boot the computer.
And I also downloaded the Windows 10 installation media. The problem is when I try to start Rufus it doesn't recognize the installation media file as an ISO file. It says that it's an application/program. So it won't start. I'm stuck again.
Can you help me more forward?
Thank you!!

Ask a Question