Could Not Complete Update So Removed

Reaction score
As Grizzly says, "you do not have to buy a new key if your computer had already Windows 10", assuming the windows 10 was correctly registered. You did say you received the computer with windows 10 installed?
For expedience, what I do, is create a small partition and copy the ISO direct to that. I then mount the ISO and run the setup from there.
But, reading through this tangled thread, It does look as though you may have a hardware incompatibility, not software. Hard to figure though, if Windows 10 is already installed!

Latest, which you will quickly get through updates, if you are successful, is:
1564631698582.png

Reaction score
Thank you Grizz, So I dont need a key? I inloaded a program that found my PC's orignal Win 7 key and some 'installation' key.

As for the Medica Creation Tool{ MCT } site, it says a license is needed. I dont have a license just the keys 'original' win 7 and 'installation'.

So I dont even know what was used to get OS 10 on this PC I. I dont know if the 'installation' key is for Win 10.

I also suppose I will need to create a Microsoft account at some point.

Try this
Windows 10 available at no cost, to upgrade from previous Windows or to do a Clean Install. You will need a Windows 7, or 8 product Key to activate. https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows10

Reaction score
HI Dave,

1} I do have 1803 Win 10 on this HP PC, with plenty of HD space and all the neccesary hardware becuase Windows 10 update says "all looks good" for those things before it begins doing the prep and inloading,

2} and the command promot I used only found the original Win 7 key code key product and ID, no Win 10 key code or product,

3} Ive tried pretty much eveything you guys have suggested --and one of those in safe mode with same error codes--- and again, the MCTool will not allow me to create and ISO or USB drive and I get the error o8xoo8ft or something like that, that I posted in two previous posts,
4} as to the bottom of you last post below, I'm cant quite follow what it is you may be suggesting I should try next "quicky get me through updates". Please clarify cause I,m listenting and trying lots of suggestions, with no luck to date. In fact the last time I used trouble shooting I got two issues/problems, the usual "windows componets missin and registry corrupt, so once again I tried CCleaner for the registry issue and it does nothing.

Doesnt matter cause even when the only issue is "window components missing" the updates fail and I get error codes.

5} so, unless you guys have a new idea that is not to complex, I will just keep going til october and I have Nortons Security so what will it matter if I dont recieve any more MS secutiry updates? Thanks for your time and effort.

As Grizzly says, "you do not have to buy a new key if your computer had already Windows 10", assuming the windows 10 was correctly registered. You did say you received the computer with windows 10 installed?
For expedience, what I do, is create a small partition and copy the ISO direct to that. I then mount the ISO and run the setup from there.
But, reading through this tangled thread, It does look as though you may have a hardware incompatibility, not software. Hard to figure though, if Windows 10 is already installed!

Latest, which you will quickly get through updates, if you are successful, is:
View attachment 10403

Reaction score
Ha, BD, I did just change my key code or key product code in system > Updates and Secutiry using the Windows 7 key code I go from command in Powershell run. However, I then read somewhere that is only good for one upgrade.

So yes, I can try that, and if it dont work , then purchase the oldest Windows 10 DVD for cheap price and the wih a licencense I can go through all the updates. Things is, I have this nice W10 Pro that works great!!! Best computer Ive ever had. It was $1200 or 1300. new when my stepson go it in 2010.

That is another thing, this PC HD might die any day before October, and if not then it is just MS secutiry concerns that I would be lack ing but I will have Nortons Security.

Try this
Windows 10 available at no cost, to upgrade from previous Windows or to do a Clean Install. You will need a Windows 7, or 8 product Key to activate. https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows10

Reaction score
Also as a last ditch effort, I opened the MCTool again and just like first time ---ISO file-- it gave me an error code for inloading into USB drive Argh!

Like I say, I got version 1803 and it is pro and all is good, Turned off automatic udates so I dont have to keep using all that bandwidth and getting repeated..." could not complete update undoing changes" message.
I will look so more for older version of 1709 with license on ebay for less money and then with a license I should be able to go through however many of versions to get to 1903. Argh!
Allow MCT to create a USB Thumb Drive install, 8GB thumb drive needed don't have anything on it that you want to keep and it will format the drive. or just allow MCT to update your computer. that will eliminate any operator errors?

Reaction score
Also BD, even if these very nice, but older PC was to die, I do have on old Toshiba ---paid $125 for it a couple of year ago-- that has older Win 10 on it and Nortons Security and I would just revert to that. But it did not have as nice a keyboard and would drop the internet connection every other day.

PC prices have come down so, if this one dies, around before or after October, I might make the plunge for PC at Walmart, or wait, I will just go to Ebay like I have done in the past. Got two Toshibas and a two mac minis over the last 20 years. Thanks agin

Reaction score
No need for going further afield. Copy the attached file. Change the suffix from txt to .vbs and run it (Double click) It will show you key)s)

Attachments

• Win10Key.txt
    2.1 KB · Views: 269
Reaction score
Dave, even if I had my win 10 key code, that does not fix the two issues/problems I get from System Trouble Shooting,

1} registry corrupt or missing issues, ---which some times does appears as an issue and other times does not appear,

2} windows components missing ---appears every time I run trouble shooting---

What I really need is something like a disk doctor repair that can find the specifics of those two issues so I can address them specifically.

Thanks again. :D

No need for going further afield. Copy the attached file. Change the suffix from txt to .vbs and run it (Double click) It will show you key)s)

Reaction score
I was replying to your post #43, where you stated that you could only find a Windows 7 key?

I think I will have to drop out of the thread anyway. I seem to have got lost with a few inconsistencies, or something!

Reaction score
I just tried System > Update Security > troubleshooting in safe mode and got this:

"Windows update components must be repaired"

I ran sfc/scannow comman the other day in safe mode it could find no issues as i stated in previous post.

I also rand the Dism Restore and restore heath command tho not in safe mode, and it fixed nothing.

Thanks again

I was replying to your post #43, where you stated that you could only find a Windows 7 key?

I think I will have to drop out of the thread anyway. I seem to have got lost with a few inconsistencies, or something!

Reaction score
Clint, I just tried System > Update Security > troubleshooting in safe mode and got this:

"Windows update components must be repaired"

I ran sfc/scannow comman the other day in safe mode it could find no issues as i stated in previous post.

I also rand the Dism Restore and restore heath command tho not in safe mode, and it fixed nothing.

Reaction score
Dave, even if I had my win 10 key code, that does not fix the two issues/problems I get from System Trouble Shooting,

1} registry corrupt or missing issues, ---which some times does appears as an issue and other times does not appear,

2} windows components missing ---appears every time I run trouble shooting---

What I really need is something like a disk doctor repair that can find the specifics of those two issues so I can address them specifically.

Thanks again. :D
No need for software to repair your windows just use the DISM tools to fix it up. Open a Command prompt in admin mode. type in CMD then right-click cmd.exe and select to run in admin mode.
Copy and paste one at time , have patients some take quite a while to run when there are lots to fix.

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
SFC /scannow
chkdsk C: /f
If this doesn't work see this tutorial explains how to use a windows image to run the same tools with.

Reaction score

Been there done that as stated in previous posts with no sinificant resuls

Been there done that as stated in previous posts, nothing of significance

Dont recall seeing that one so will try next day off

SFC /scannow

Been there and done that one early on as stated in previous posts., Found nothing to fix

Not familiar so have not done or have i.

If this doesn't work see this tutorial explains how to use a windows image to run the same tools with.

Thanks Clint will have to look at later. Sleep and work coming my way. maybe Tuesday. Thanks again wise old man

Reaction score
Clint, I did all of those once again and in sequence as they state and then run trouble shooter and still recieve same "windows component missing or not fixed" not fixed message.

And your link is to Media creation tool and Ive tried every option and always get the error code 0x80080005 - 0x90018 or one similar to it.

Sorry but the MCTool is a dead end for me with this machine. I'm missing something that will not allow me to create ISO file or a USB drive with ISO file etc.

I will have to purchase a Windows Home or Pro with the missing componets. I wait till october when they stop security supports for 1803. Maybe I can find something for with a license for under $80. Thanks again for you efforts.

No need for software to repair your windows just use the DISM tools to fix it up. Open a Command prompt in admin mode. type in CMD then right-click cmd.exe and select to run in admin mode.
Copy and paste one at time , have patients some take quite a while to run when there are lots to fix.

SFC /scannow

SFC /scannow

Reaction score
It might be helpful to know the browser you are using. Also, if you have access to another computer, you might be able to download the ISO on it and use it to upgrade the one you are using now.

Ben

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi Ben, I'm using firefox, and that is a Great/Excellent! idea as I do have a 2010 cheape Toshiba with some version of W10 on it and MAY be able to use MCT to get and ISO file installed on it. Will have to find time to try that. My wife has a mac-mini but not sure if that would be very helpful for a MS ISO file. Probably not.

I just inloaded "Product Key" program and found my CD key fro my enterprsie version of W10 Pro. Again, not sure how that will help me, I think I will go to System > activation and change product key. So I dust did that and it went round and round and said product activated. Well that is old news because it has been activated on this PC for a year or more.

Guess I can go back MCTool site and see if it can use a CD key for anything. I'm guessing a CD key is not a license. H.mm?

Thank you

It might be helpful to know the browser you are using. Also, if you have access to another computer, you might be able to download the ISO on it and use it to upgrade the one you are using now.

Ben

Reaction score
Actually, it may be easier with the MAC, as you may be taken directly to the ISO download page.
To download an ISO on Firefox, go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
then press the shift, ctrl and "M" keys simultaneously. Refresh the page using the refresh circle in the upper left corner, left-click once in the center window, then use the down arrow key to find "Select Edition". You may be better off with October 2018 update, considering the problems you are having with 1903.

Ben

Reaction score
INteresting so on my mac go that page ---been there many times on my PC--- but on mac "press the shift, ctrl and "M" keys simultaneously." and I will get and ISP image from or I will get an MCTool for macs?

Guess I will find out when I try. Cant access mac now and have to go to work soon.

Actually, it may be easier with the MAC, as you may be taken directly to the ISO download page.
To download an ISO on Firefox, go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
then press the shift, ctrl and "M" keys simultaneously. Refresh the page using the refresh circle in the upper left corner, left-click once in the center window, then use the down arrow key to find "Select Edition". You may be better off with October 2018 update, considering the problems you are having with 1903.

Ben

Ask a Question