SOLVED Deleting user admin account

Reaction score
I have a notebook which did a factory reset. I have an admin account as local because I'm donating it. I have only ran the updates as needed. That said the new user sets up a new account as admin w/email/ PW, etc. I'm thinking then deleting the account I setup will remove any settings? Will this work other than doing a complete reset.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
This takes me back to when I worked for a company that often passed around laptops to different users.
I would generally use a tool called sysprep (%windir%\system32\sysprep\sysprep.exe /audit /reboot) which is pretty handy and as I recall does pretty much what you want to do in advance of handing off the laptop.
Have a look at this walk through and see if it might fit the bill

Reaction score
Just install Windows normally and as soon as it reboots into the OOBE (the initial setup - known as the Out Of Box Experience) just power it of and donate it as is. When the new owner first boots it they will be presented with the OOBE just as if they'd bought it new.

Ask a Question