Fall Creators Update

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Well my Alcatel IDOL 4s was automatically updated to Build 1709 which I assume means that it is now running the Fall Creators Update, although the build number for Mobile is completely different from the PC version of 1709.

Win10Mobile.png

Bif

Reaction score
Nothing on my Lumia 520 yet, wink and a nod. Bloody shame that MS is dropping mobile (if I understand correctly)..my wife and I have taken a shining to a pair of Samsung Galaxy J3 android jobbies..although our Lumias are still performing surprising well, if not for the typical battery drain, lack of support, fewer and fewer apps and the general slow browsing..they are good phones.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Yep.... nothing for either of my two Lumia 521 or my Lumia 810 which are all three good phones although low end from a systems specs standpoint.
I got my Alcatel FIERCE XL out of semi-retirement and it updated to the same version of 1709 so it seems to be good to go, for the time being, time will tell.
I did notice during the updates that they were called "for ARM-based Phone devices" with no mention of "Windows Mobile" or "Redstone3" so I'm not sure if that means the "divorce" is final or not.
Not a whole lot of fanfare, Can't even find much mention of it from Microsoft so that probably speaks volumes.
https://www.windowscentral.com/micr...fall-creators-update-open-market-devices-week.

Something I did notice that seemed a bit strange.
Evidently both of my Alcatel Phones can apparently still participate in the Windows Insider Program.
Which leaves me to wonder, what that might entail if they are in fact leaving the arena.

Ask a Question