SOLVED Give me updates for other Microsoft products......?

Bif

Reaction score
Opinions on unchecking (or checking) this feature...as a rule from day one after "the" update in July I had this unchecked as I didn't want any more crap...err...gracious MS offerings forced upon me without my knowledge and or consent.
Been thinking about the ramifications of both decisions lately, what is everyone's opinion on this box?...
Should I check it and let the MS gods load countless unneeded updates for software I rarely use?
Should I keep it unchecked to keep the wolves at bay?
Opinions muchly appreciated!

Reaction score
I have mine checked as it allows me to get updates for my office package which I would not get automatically otherwise. I have not noticed that it downloads anything else beside what I want to have.....

Bif

Reaction score
I have mine checked as it allows me to get updates for my office package which I would not get automatically otherwise. I have not noticed that it downloads anything else beside what I want to have.....
Thanks Griz, I just checked mine and am running the updates, curious as heck to see what is offered.

Regedit32

Reaction score
It makes no difference whether you remove that check, as each time you check for updates that check is replaced automatically.

Not sure whether Microsoft has added a new policy forcing this, or whether its a bug at this stage.

You can see here a thread where I've address this issue based on what I know so far:

https://www.windows10forums.com/thr...crosoft-products-not-wanted.12836/#post-62760

At the moment the only way to prevent unwanted updates I am aware of is to use this older tool Microsoft provided:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/2/2/f22d5fdb-59cd-4275-8c95-1be17bf70b21/wushowhide.diagcab

Last edited:

Bif

Reaction score
It makes no difference whether you remove that check, as each time you check for updates that check is replaced automatically.

Not sure whether Microsoft has added a new policy forcing this, or whether its a bug at this stage.

You can see here a thread where I've address this issue based on what I know so far:

https://www.windows10forums.com/thr...crosoft-products-not-wanted.12836/#post-62760

At the moment the only way to prevent unwanted updates I am aware of is to use this older tool Microsoft provided:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/2/2/f22d5fdb-59cd-4275-8c95-1be17bf70b21/wushowhide.diagcab
Interesting as I have continually checked to make sure it's "unchecked" with each cumulative and after I run updates and it remains unchanged to the eye, are you saying that it checks regardless each time or that it actually resets it back to being checked?...as I've not seen this as of yet.
This be my current build.

Capture.JPG

Bif

Reaction score
And thanks Regedit32 for the links.. Sorry I didn't notice them earlier.

Regedit32

Reaction score
This is an issue in Windows 10 Creator, Version 1703, Build 15063.138

If you are still on the 1607 version you won't see this issue pop up.

That wushowhide.cab from Microsoft was created after the Anniversary update so will work fine on the 1607 version, or even the 15xx variants of Windows 10.

It also works in the 1703 version; or atleast it does at the moment.

Bif

Reaction score
This is an issue in Windows 10 Creator, Version 1703, Build 15063.138

If you are still on the 1607 version you won't see this issue pop up.

That wushowhide.cab from Microsoft was created after the Anniversary update so will work fine on the 1607 version, or even the 15xx variants of Windows 1

It also works in the 1703 version; or atleast it does at the moment.

Cheers for this!...Now it makes sense..
Thanks again for the info!

Reaction score
You could try removing any apps you really don't need which might help a little, I seem to remember removing some a while back but they re-installed themselves a few days later, I haven't tried removing any MS software lately though!. :confused:

Ask a Question