How to Disable Windows 10 Spying

How to Disable Windows 10 Spying

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Ian submitted a new article:

How to Disable Windows 10 Spying - A tutorial on how to disable some spying/tracking features of Windows 10

As is common with technology these days, Windows 10 will send anonymous data from your PC to improve bug tracking (plus other data sharing you may have opted in to, perhaps unknowingly).

This has made recent headlines and there are lots of ways to manually disable outgoing data calls. There has been a free tool released called "Spybot Anti-Beacon" which can perform all of these tweaks in one go. At the moment, this is the easiest tool to use and one we would recommend (it's lightweight,...

Read more about this article...

Bif

Reaction score
I've been using the Spybot Anti beacon utility with good results..no ill effects from it's use which is always a good thing.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, same here - it's nice that it's a bloat-free app that does what it says on the tin :).

Reaction score

How to Disable Windows 10 Spying - A tutorial on how to disable some spying/tracking features of Windows 10

Read more about this article...
Read your article and decided to do this. Anyhow I stated the program and it seemed like it never went anywhere. It started and it seemed to never get past 2%, it said 1 out of 53 blocked. I had the whole list yet to do as I seen in your article. Did I do something wrong or does it go this slow? Will this program mess my computer up? I have enough problems and don't need anymore. Did you use this program?

Reaction score
Read your article and decided to do this. Anyhow I stated the program and it seemed like it never went anywhere. It started and it seemed to never get past 2%, it said 1 out of 53 blocked. I had the whole list yet to do as I seen in your article. Did I do something wrong or does it go this slow? Will this program mess my computer up? I have enough problems and don't need anymore. Did you use this program?
It should only take a few seconds to run since it only changes a few settings in the registry and in the Hosts file. I tried it and had no problems. You may have to run the program as administrator (right-click, run as administrator)

Reaction score
It should only take a few seconds to run since it only changes a few settings in the registry and in the Hosts file. I tried it and had no problems. You may have to run the program as administrator (right-click, run as administrator)

I need a little more help to do this. I had asked this question to the forum before about how to run something as administrator. I was told I am in administrator 24/7. Which I don't believe. I know in windows 7 you had to go into it to run as administrator. But I could be wrong because this windows 10 is so different to me. But anyhow can you tell me exactly how to get into administrator to run this program. Please step by step. Thank you

Reaction score
In Explorer, right-click the program. You will get a drop-down menu where you can select "Run as administrator"
See also http://www.digitalcitizen.life/how-run-programs-administrator-windows-7 (The title of this article refers to Win7 but it also gives instructions for Win8 and Win10)

Did run administrator and still didn't go anywhere and then I clicked on immunize and it was done. I don't know that much about fixing a computer so you have to give me all the details. But its done and I hope this does the trick. Thank you.

Reaction score
I went back to O&O that Win 10 Privacy started making my processor work. Strange.. It is kind of overkill anyway. O&O has been around awhile.

Reaction score
Tried it but like others it ran at 2% forever, ran as Admin and no change. Went with OO Shutup, for me far more controllable!

Ok guys what is O&O? If you read my comments, I hit immunize to get past the 2%. So was I suppose to do that? Now I notice my computer not running as well as it did before I did that. Should I maybe uninstall that and go with what you are using? Let me know your comments and give me the sight. This sight you downloaded, does that mean not one can get into your information? Is this worth doing for your privacy? Thanks

Reaction score

Read more about this article...[/QUO
Ok guys what is O&O? If you read my comments, I hit immunize to get past the 2%. So was I suppose to do that? Now I notice my computer not running as well as it did before I did that. Should I maybe uninstall that and go with what you are using? Let me know your comments and give me the sight. This sight you downloaded, does that mean not one can get into your information? Is this worth doing for your privacy? Thanks[/Q
Ok guys what is O&O? If you read my comments, I hit immunize to get past the 2%. So was I suppose to do that? Now I notice my computer not running as well as it did before I did that. Should I maybe uninstall that and go with what you are using? Let me know your comments and give me the sight. This sight you downloaded, does that mean not one can get into your information? Is this worth doing for your privacy? Thanks

Just felt Spybot light beacon with even pressing the immunize key wasn't doing a complete job. So I looked around and found o o shutup, gives you more control, in my humble opinion. Just Google it as what you read will probably make you want to use it, cheers!

Reaction score

I just found the download for the oo shutup. Those of you who are using this software I was wondering what you are disabling?

Reaction score
I was disabling all of the telemetry, but I think it is a waste of time so i reset everything to normal and am no longer using these programs. From what I have read, in the not so far future, MS will have settings to do this. More than they currently do have.

Reaction score
I was disabling all of the telemetry, but I think it is a waste of time so i reset everything to normal and am no longer using these programs. From what I have read, in the not so far future, MS will have settings to do this. More than they currently do have.

I am going to no longer use these programs either. I think I am creating more problems by downloading something I am not sure about, so waiting on Microsoft would be best. Thanks

Bif

Reaction score
I am going to no longer use these programs either. I think I am creating more problems by downloading something I am not sure about, so waiting on Microsoft would be best. Thanks
Just an FYI..waiting on Microsoft for whatever reason is not going to address the spying issue as they are not going to release anything that is counterproductive to their snooping..as far as programs I have used Spybot Anti beacon from almost day one with great results and absolutely no ill effect on performance.

Reaction score
Just an FYI..waiting on Microsoft for whatever reason is not going to address the spying issue as they are not going to release anything that is counterproductive to their snooping..as far as programs I have used Spybot Anti beacon from almost day one with great results and absolutely no ill effect on performance.
Maybe true, I just read an article on another site that said MS was going to do this..I just do not believe any of these apps actually do anything but offer a false sense of security.

Ask a Question