SOLVED Internet connect fails

Reaction score
I installed Windows 10 about 3 weeks ago. It seemed to be working fine except many os the apps would not allow me to connect. The message was - make sure you are connected. Some of the apps I can't connect to are -Contact Support- Cortana- Micro Edge- Microsoft Money- Windows Feedback. There are more. I am using Google as my search engine - it works fine. So I definitely have a connection to the internet - but Windows 10 will not connect. I think the answer to this is likely very simple but I can't get it to work.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
For the most part, these types of issues seem to be related to third party security suites, so....
If you have one installed.... uninstall it and just leave the native Defender product and Windows Firewall for now and see if that helps the problem.
You may also need to run the vendor specific, proprietary removal tool afterwards just to make sure you get rid of any remnants..... Google for it (avg removal tool, Norton removal tool, mcafee removal tool and so on.)

Reaction score
That didn't work. I still cant get all of Windows 10 apps. The same response occurs. "It appears you are not connected to the internet". I had AVG installed - I deleted and now have no Virus protection. I'm hoping there will be a better solution, and I can get all the apps to work or I may have to uninstall Windows 10. Any help?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
First.... did you also run the AVG removal tool and reboot the system afterwards http://www.avg.com/us-en/utilities
You do still have Virus protection the native Defender product and Windows firewall are still there. It's possible that you may have to switch them on.
IF your problem is mainly or only with the Windows 10 Universal Apps then you might try, cleaning the cache with WSReset.exe from the run command or an elevated command prompt.
You might also want to investigate if the problem is unique to only your specific user profile.
Try creating another local user as a member of the local administrators group (not a standard user). Log of from your account and log on as the new user and see if that profile has the same problems.

Reaction score
This may have happened when I installed Windows 10. Uninstalling and reinstalling may help but I still have Google, but this experience with Windows 10 is very disappointing. There were a few others who had the same problem - one claimed it was corrected but I'm not able to understand how he did it.

Ask a Question