Is Anyone Truly Happy With Windows 10 ?

Reaction score
After some thought I have to say that I am truly happy with Windows 10.
From a year+ spent in this forum and nearly 2 years as a Windows insider I am amongst the people, perhaps a majority, for whom Windows 10 does what it says on the label. I put this down to healthy living(!), simple PCs , not fiddling with the registry, not running 3rd party antivirus on Update Tuesdays and keeping at least one machine connected via ethernet!. This is not to say that W10 has not caused some cursing at times but nothing compared to using Windows NT to do useful work.

T_J

Reaction score
That's great! I presume this was a 3rd gen I3?

2nd generation (standard power). i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHZ, 6GB RAM, W7, Inspiron 660, bought Oct 2012 from Dell. Dell website sold both W7 and W8 PCs in fall of 2012.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've signed up just so I could have a quick rant. Looks like a useful place, though.

I was reasonably happy with Win 10 until the Anniversary Update. Since then I am fuming....

What I need is a stable platform for getting work done. All of my careful tweaks and binning of Microsoft crap were discarded by the update and I had to waste time redoing them. But the situation is now much worse. I've disabled all of the feature update options I can find. Disabled pretty much everything else. Uninstalled the Apps. And so on. And yet stuff I don't want keeps returning.

Example...a notification that 'Microsoft has added a new album to your Photo's app' popped up a few days ago. I don't even want their Photo's app and I didn't install it. I already have one I've been using for years.

Another example..I have several programs for music production. I purchased some of them. Then I find all of my audio file defaults were altered to something called 'Groove'.

This morning I see that Edge is now back as my default browser. I've used Firefox for years and I'm happy with it. No matter how often I specify Firefox as my default browser (and I've done various other 'Stop Edge' registry tweaks) Edge eventually returns as the default browser.

This is the 3rd morning I planned to get productive work done and have ended up spending the first hour 'playing with Windows' I really wish Microsoft would leave me alone and let me actually use this PC.

Ask a Question