Is it possible to shortcut straight to "all-apps" view (while start menu is set to full screen) in W

Reaction score
I've searched for shortcuts in windows 10 that go straight to the all apps view but cant find anything at all.
Currently, I have windows start menu set to full screen. This way I can just hit the win key and choose one my
pinned apps/links and go. But in order to view all of my apps, I have to click on the top left tab that says "all apps".

Is it possible to create a macro or shortcut to do this ? It would mean hitting the win key then mouse clicking the all-apps link with
my mouse... I've attached a few pics of what I'm talking about in case it doesn't make sense.

I've looked everywhere for a windows shortcut to view all apps when the start menu is set to full screen but cant find
anything.

Thanks

http://imgur.com/a/cJ8mD

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi Dany. Do you mean that you would like a short cut to all apps without opening up the Start Screen? I thought about this some time ago, but never found one. I just continue to press the Win key, or the Win Start in the left bottom corner, and then press the little tab that says "All Apps." It's easy to do, so I just do that. Cheers.

Regedit32

Reaction score
If you create a shortcut, simply add the following to the Path:

Code:
explorer.exe shell:::{4234d49b-0245-4df3-b780-3893943456e1}

Sample image:

shortcut.png

Reaction score
Do you mean, perhaps, this:

AllApps.png

1. Type Windows Key + R to open the "Run" box, or right click the start icon and select it.
2. In the "Run" box, type shell:appsfolder
You will now see File Explorer, showing you absolutely everything you have installed on your computer
You can easily change the view (List View, Details View), in the usual way

Reaction score
Hi Dany. Do you mean that you would like a short cut to all apps without opening up the Start Screen? I thought about this some time ago, but never found one. I just continue to press the Win key, or the Win Start in the left bottom corner, and then press the little tab that says "All Apps." It's easy to do, so I just do that. Cheers.

Hi, thanks for the reply.
and yes, I like to keep all apps organized in folders/sections based on the way I work using start menu in full screen ( instead of apps list on the side ). I was using the win key, then all apps view the same as you but was curious if there was to open directly to full screen all apps view. No big deal really, I just always look for ways to cut time while working, even the 1 second it takes to hit win+tab+ down+down+enter. My new laptop has a built in Steel Series keyboard so I just created a macro, works pretty well.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Do you mean, perhaps, this:

View attachment 5767

1. Type Windows Key + R to open the "Run" box, or right click the start icon and select it.
2. In the "Run" box, type shell:appsfolder
You will now see File Explorer, showing you absolutely everything you have installed on your computer
You can easily change the view (List View, Details View), in the usual way

Thanks, I like to move/organize apps and shortcuts into folders on the start menu in full screen. I do know the all apps folder but I remove a lot of apps that I dont use often and just prefer the full screen view. I ended up creating a macro to handle it. Thanks for the reply though.

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for the reply.
and yes, I like to keep all apps organized in folders/sections based on the way I work using start menu in full screen ( instead of apps list on the side ). I was using the win key, then all apps view the same as you but was curious if there was to open directly to full screen all apps view. No big deal really, I just always look for ways to cut time while working, even the 1 second it takes to hit win+tab+ down+down+enter. My new laptop has a built in Steel Series keyboard so I just created a macro, works pretty well.

Thanks.
So cool Dany. Glad you have sorted some thing out at least with the Steel Series. Take care, and good computing. Cheers.

Ask a Question