Latest Games / Best Graphics?

Reaction score
I haven't gotten a new game for a while so I am not up to date with the latest improvements. I would be looking for First Person Shooters or Games of Exploration/Puzzles. Games which only work as Multiplayer games are not required.

I have seen there may be other software beside DirectX 12 being used but I do not know how they compare.

Any observations concerning the current state of game play would be appreciated..

Thanks.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Battlefield 1 is a very good FPS game - I got it around Christmas time and enjoyed the single player missions. I have only had time for a few hours on it, but it has been great fun so far.

Which sort of games have you enjoyed in the past? There may be some good, similar ones out at the moment :).

Reaction score
Thanks, Ian. I have been looking at that one plus the one coming out in July, Ghost recon.

I have been playing Borderlands for the last few years, all versions. I like games where the motion seems normal so the Mario Brothers style of game is not good and I have seen one of those, the Nier Automata thing..

I did not like Metro 2033 or Dying Light. The "dark" games are not very appealing.

I haven't played the last Crysis game in quite a while but I did like it. The Hunter edition I think with the bow and arrow. I have Kings Quest which my daughter asked me to get so I could help her...

I do try to stay away from Microsoft games but that might be hard it I am looking for DirectX 12. It seems to be mostly on the xBox, which I don't have, just a two-way SLI Nvidia-3 monitor setup. Maybe I should dump my gaming system and go for an xBox and 4K display.. I think I would miss the 3 monitors and the view available with those..

I have not gotten into 3D stuff yet so also not aware of the current state of that.

Thanks... Maybe I will start with BF1 and see how that goes.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Oh yes, Borderland is great fun (especially Borderlands 2!). :).

I really enjoyed FarCry 3 and 4, both of those were good games. A little older, but fun nevertheless.

Reaction score
I agree and I liked the weightless environment in whichever one that was...

I was hoping there would have been some giant leap in graphics development. I will see what BF1 has to offer and maybe go back to some of my older ones. My account in EA and Origin had disappeared so I had to get them back. I haven't been to either one since the merger.

Thanks again..

Reaction score
The most recent update to Windows 10 has a button for Apps in the settings. Each app is listed and when you click Advanced Options a Reset button is available. Not sure if this will help you

Ask a Question