Lock screen

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I have my lock screen set to "windows spotlight". I've just noticed that my lock screen keeps reverting back to picture mode. All this coincides with the latest cumulative update. Coincidence or just a bug. This is a clean install, right before the last cumulative update came out.

Regedit32

Reaction score
What happens if you open File Explorer and navigate to:

%localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\Settings

Then delete the two files there:
  • roaming.lock
  • settings.dat
Then return to the Settings app \ Personalization \ Lock Screen > and select Spotlight and toggle on Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
coping and pasting that line I get "no items match your search" in file explorer search window.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Doing it manually I found it and tried it. No go...as soon as I changed it and closed settings then opened settings, went to lock screen. It's right back at picture mode.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Worth a shot.

I have not noticed this issue on my end.

I'll pay more attention to the lock screen and see whether it has bugged out.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Are there any prerequisites for using the images from the spotlight collection having to do with resolution settings or anything like that.
IDK, so.....
Just asking.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Update:

Well, after a few more days.....some other issues popping up, I decided to reinstall (again), 3rd time in a week. So spotlight is working and OS is fully updated. I have harmony.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Well I'm back to same issue: I have narrowed it down to the store app updating one of the 37 apps. Right after that my spotlight problem reared it's ugly head.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
So I just said to hell with it and download a wallpaper and used that for my background and lock-screen.

Reaction score
I used to have spotbright but had always issues with it. Currently I am using DailyPic by Timo Partl. Unfortunately it is not in the store anymore...

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
So I finally found out what's causing this. I found it back accident after a clean install.

It's turning off the background apps in settings/Privacy/background apps. Turn off everything and leave the settings app on. BINGO! Spotlight stays enabled.

Ask a Question