locked out of windows 10

Reaction score
Bought a new 10 inch windows 10 tablet, arrived yesterday. Had to change Microsoft password 3 times to get cortana to work. Tried to sign in this morning and password wont work. I basically have a tablet I cant use. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

Bif

Reaction score
Could you not set up a local account and password and logon with that instead of a MS account?
Once logged in then set up a new MS account or try changing password again.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Since we're only talking about "yesterday" I wouldn't expect there to be any critical data in jeopardy.
Surely the manufacturer provided a means to reset the tablet to factory condition. You could then go through the Out Of Box Experience again and set things up.
As Bif mentions above, sometimes it is very handy to have a second user (local administrator group member) on the computer so you at least have an option of a second log on to access the thing.

Reaction score
Could you not set up a local account and password and logon with that instead of a MS account?
At the windows 10 log in screen I am prompted to enter password, when I do I get password is incorrect, try again, and nothing else. No other options.

Ask a Question