SOLVED Microsoft Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Yes...you want the CMD Prompt....that DOS screen. So you copy the first script code and paste in the CMD (DOS) window and hit enter. Then do the same for the 2nd code line.

In windows 10 just right click the start button and then select "Windows Power Shell (Admin)"

Reaction score
OK, success with the cmd command. This is what was displayed in the DOS window:

SKU ID: b322da9c-a2e2-4058-9e4e-f59a6970bd69
License Name: Office15, OfficeProPlusVL_KMS_Client edition
License Description: Office15, VOLUME_KMS_Client channel
License Status: - - - 00B - - -
Error Code: 0x4004F00C
Error Description: The Software Licensing Service reported that the application is running within the valid grace period.
REMAINING GRACE: 1 days (2281 minute(s) before expiring)
Last 5 characters of installed product key: GVGXT
Activation Type Configuration : ALL
DNS auto-discovery : KMS name not available
Activation Interval : 120 minutes
Renewal Interval : 10080 minutes
KMS host caching : Enabled

Note that a day or two ago I entered a product code with those last 5 characters. The Activation Wizard immediately gave that one a Green arrow. A few moments later a popup display appeared stating it was Configuring MS Office. It took a while but completed and rebooted the PC. I thought that had resolved the problem but still when I first open the Word, or Excel aps that Activation Wizard appears ans now says I have only on day left to activate the application. I am still very confused.

Reaction score
"REMAINING GRACE: 1 days (2281 minute(s) before expiring) "
You have activated, but only within the trial/grace period.

Regedit32

Reaction score
I am not sure I understand your instructions. Search bar: do you mean the URL search bar in my browser, or do you mean the Search function when you right-click the Start (Windows icon).

Your setup may be different to mine, but the search bar I meant is usually located on the taskbar just to the right of the Windows Start icon.

However, you can right-click the Start icon located at bottom left of screen and select Search then type cmd and in the search results right-click on Command Prompt and select run as administrator.

You'll then be prompted by the User Account Control: here click Yes

Then you'll see the Command Prompt window. There you can type or copy and paste the commands I mentioned.

I'm not familiar with the online Office you are referring to, but it ought to be fine. I have no idea what it costs to use. My guess is there would be an annual fee to pay to use it, with the promise you'd be always using the latest version of Microsoft Office as the enticement to do this. Anything you do save to your One Drive folder, can be copied to your own hard drive too should you want to create a secondary storage of the word files.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Having those last 5 characters of your Microsoft Office product key is proof it is legitimate. If you contact Microsoft, you ought to be able to get the full activation code to fully activate it.

Reaction score
If we are still discussing Office 2013, support ended, I believe, last year, so you may be unlucky.
Not sure, also, but the five digits you have posted are generic. But you can use the script again and keep reactivating, possibly.

FWIW. Office on line is totally free. The only handicap is needing to go on line to the site, in order to use it.

Reaction score
Well I think I have done all that I am capable of doing at this time. We will see what happens in the next two days..
If I lose MS Office 2013, then there are several alternatives. I will keep this thread open until we see what plays out.

I want to thank everybody again who have responded. You all have been very helpful.

Reaction score
As you suggest, it isnt so serious. Desktop Ms Office seems to catch the imagination of many, but there are alternatives which do the job - and are free.

Reaction score
Thanks davehc, I really don't need all the bells and whistles offered by MS Office. I just use the basic features. I do wish I could find a charting app that works better than Excel.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Since this is going to expire....you'll need to purchase a MS Office suite or get a free alternative as I linked to in post #9.

Reaction score
Since this is going to expire....you'll need to purchase a MS Office suite or get a free alternative as I linked to in post #9.

I have already downloaded and installed Apache OpenOffice (v. 4.1.6) and have used the spreadsheet feature with success. I have also downloaded LibreOffice but am having trouble opening it. It seems that many other people are having the same problem.

Reaction score
Friday, Sept 20,2019: Report - today is day zero regarding my MS Office 2013 activation. When I clicked to open it today the Activation Wizard again came up, this time stating
"This copy of Microsoft Office is not activated. This copy is designed for corporate or institutional customers. Connect your computer to your corporate network to complete activation. Your system administrator can help."

Then it continues: "If this software was not purchased for corporate or institutional use, it may be counterfeit. . . ."

It still includes the option of changing the Product Key. At the bottom left there is an Error Code: 0x4004F00C.

So, I click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the Wizard to turn it off. Then go about using Word, Excel, Access and Powerpoint as normal. No problems using it.

Regedit32

Reaction score
That makes sense, because you have what's referred to as a KMS Product key, which can only be activated when you are connected to the Educational Server it belongs to.

Basically you have an illegal copy of Microsoft Office installed.

My advice, either purchase legal product key [ and if you do that, buy a more a current version of Office, not a 2013 one ], or uninstall the software and install one of the free options others have suggested.

That begs the question as to whether your Windows Operating System is also an Educational copy that belongs to the University or College who paid for the licence.

I believe this thread now needs to end, so I'll be locking it from further input.

I wont delete the thread, as it serves as a timely reminder to people that they need to be careful whom they purchase a computer from, because of the number of thieves out there who can leave people like yourself in a real jam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question