Microsoft/Skype Javascript error

Reaction score
Have tried all the fixes out there to no avail. Anything additional would be a help?
error.jpeg

Regedit32

Reaction score
Are you running the Microsoft Store version of Skype, or did you download the Desktop Skype from Skype's official site?

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
AFAIK.....they are one in that same now. I had both....both were completely different in appearance. Then the latest update for the desktop version....updated to the app version. This was some time ago...well quite awhile back. So now I'm stuck with the app version.....completely sucks. Thanks MS!

Reaction score
I downloaded the latest today from Microsoft. Uninstalled the old/rebooted/installed new/rebooted and still no change!

Regedit32

Reaction score
AFAIK.....they are one in that same now.

Oh! Thanks for sharing that - I've been away from a pc for so long I was not aware of that change.

My guess is the OP will need to wait for Microsoft then to eventually update Skype again to get past this Script issue.

Unless there is a Setting in Microsoft's Internet Explorer that requires adjusting?! Perhaps the update has mucked around with settings there, resulting in this error message.

Reaction score
Nothing has changed in IE settings. Obviously it is again the waiting game. Microsoft is not to swift at repairing this app and no answers on their forum as well!

Ask a Question