NEED HELP - Windows 10 button not showing

Reaction score
The Windows 10 button is not showing on my laptop despite EVERYTHING.

- I have an ACER ASPIRE E15 running the latest version of windows 8.1 with all updates, (optional and important) all installed
- I am running a genuine version of windows
- Windows update is set to receive updates automatically

Someone please give me a simple answer or solution to why the button is still not showing? I really want to upgrade

I do not want to run a script in notepad and do all of that either, I shouldn't need to. The button should be there

Thank you
I hope someone can help!

Matt

JaS

Reaction score
I have the same problem. I own a brand new HP computer (based on i5 chip). HP online chat referred me to Microsoft. On MS website, I ran their online tool to determine if my computer is W10 ready. It decided that my computer was not ready and that two updates were missing. I checked the update list. Those updates had been successfully installed.
It looks like the roll out is having teething problems. I am assuming that since I had registered for the upgrade, they are some where in the works and eventually a notification of upgrade will arrive in the email. Missing Upgrade button is just a bug in the roll out system.

Reaction score
I notice that on other threads, many people are complaining that the Windows 10 Solitaire Collection quit working. Although there have been many suggestions and I've tried them all and other posters have tried them all, it appears that once this happens in Windows 10 there is absolutely nothing anyone can do to fix the problem. I now play solitaire on my Ipad on an app. If anyone has figured out how to fix this problem I'd sure be glad to know. I mean a real solution that works, not another shot in the dark which fills most of the threads on this subject

Ask a Question