Resume from Sleep- Rainbow Scan Lines/Snow/Noise

Reaction score
Dell Inspiron 7000 laptop

Windows 10

Display shows noise/snow in vertical lines and none of the login screen is visible. The mouse cursor shows as a big white square. Manually powering down and rebooting will solve.

Why would this happen suddenly, Dell Updates or Nvidia updates?

This laptop is only 3 months old.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Supergeon,

Welcome to the Forum!

From your description I'd suggest reviewing your Graphics drivers to ensure a Windows update has not changed what you did have running well with a generic driver, or an update that simply is not supported on your system.

If you have been manually updating with nVidia drivers, you may need to ensure you are getting them from Dell website rather than nVidia's site as Dell may be using a customized driver that takes advantage of updates from nVidia but which still works nicely with other hardware and software on your laptop.

I've never owned a Dell computer, but there are many active members here who are very familiar with them, so keep an eye out for other comments on your issue, as I'm sure they will be able to offer more hands on feedback per se.

Regards,

Regedit32

Ask a Question