Shed Computer.

Reaction score
I got a computer from Dad when he went into a nursing home, it was originally had Vista on it, his local computer place installed window 10 on it.
I wanted to put it in my shed, when I set it up, switched it on opened normally, since then every time I switch it on I get a different screen.

I tried both Launch start repair and start window normally. they both kept coming back to this screen.

P2220475.JPG

This arvo I tried again and got this screen, been on for the last 1/2 hr or so.
What can I do?

P2260495.JPG

When I first got it I downloaded all his photos, files etc, worked perfectly.

Reaction score
Hi,

it looks like the install of Win 10 wasn't complete, ask them first if it was as it looks like it is trying to recover Vista!. If the Win 10 install was successful, get yourself a copy of Win 10 on a USB stick and do a fresh install assuming there is nothing on the drive(s) that you would want!.

Go to the link below and click on "Download tool now":

You will need a working version of Windows to use the tool!. :)

See also:

https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/how-to-upgrade-windows-10-to-the-latest-version.13015/ :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I down loaded the tool, but when I switched on the computer, it wanted the password, The one that I knew doesn't work.
Dad is not able to remember any previous ones.
Is there any way to bypass this?

Reaction score
If the BIOS is not password protected you may need to boot to install media such as a DVD or Bootable USB Thumb drive and reinstall Windows. If the BIOS is passworded there's other things to do.

Reaction score
You can also try the advanced startup options to reset the computer:

For the forgotten password:

The easiest way might be just a clean install?. ;)

Ask a Question