Shutting down instead of sleeping

Reaction score
Thank you VERY much for this information. I created my account only for telling this.
<3 this solved my problem. Fkn bios !

Reaction score
I'm running an asus maximus hero vii motherboard and just upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 and i'm having this problem. I've tried 3 different bios and its still happening. I don't have a hybrid sleep option in my windows 10. I found an article saying there were issues with it in the windows 10 anniversary update so they took it out. One other thing people think it could be is the power supply but my sleep mode was working fine in windows 7 so would that rule out the power supply? I read through all 5 pages of this post and haven't found anything that's worked.

Reaction score
I'm running an asus maximus hero vii motherboard and just upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 and i'm having this problem. I've tried 3 different bios and its still happening. I don't have a hybrid sleep option in my windows 10. I found an article saying there were issues with it in the windows 10 anniversary update so they took it out. One other thing people think it could be is the power supply but my sleep mode was working fine in windows 7 so would that rule out the power supply? I read through all 5 pages of this post and haven't found anything that's worked.
Have you tried turning off hibernate? This is a completely different option from hybrid sleep. Go to advanced power settings and it will be under the sleep category.

Reaction score
I was finally able to solve this stupid problem. I had read in one of the other reddit forums, somebody reflashed the latest BIOS and it worked for them. And since I had ran out of all other options, I thought I would try that.

So, i used this guide http://www.ahowto.net/windows/downgrading-asus-notebook-bios/ to reflash the latest BIOS since my BIOS version was already up to date and the WINFLASH utility does not allow to flash the same BIOS.

After the flashing was done, I tried using the power button and the manual sleep option from the power menu and they both worked.

PHEW!! Good luck to you guys.
After struggling with the same issue for a while, reflashing my bios (with the same version) fixed it. Thanks to you!

Ask a Question