SOLVED System Restore Error 0x80070091

Reaction score
Ok just updated windows and installed trial Malwarebytes on top of my Norton AV. Sfc /scannow says no violation of windows resource protection. Proceeded to upgrade my Malwarebytes. Took sometime to connect and got disconnected with this message. Is this trustworthy? Now extra cautious. Lol.
malwarebytes.PNG

Reaction score
Yes I did. I switched to Google DNS and I keep getting this pop up from Malwarebytes. Do not know how to treat it. Lol. Can someone help?
malwarebytes2.PNG

Reaction score
This pop up comes incessantly. There is something in Chrome communicating outbound. Am I to put it in exclusion category? Is it save?
popup.PNG

Reaction score
In the old days(!) that 239 address would have been reserved for multicast hosts. It is good when Malware bytes stops a regular home use machine from doing strange things or going to known dubious websites.

Reaction score
Yes but how do I stop it? It seems to be trying to access many times through differing port numbers and the pop-up from Malwarebytes is irritating.

Reaction score
I had a case of this. IIRC I updated Malware bytes and ran a full scan. It found some "potentially unwanted programs" don't remember what they were. deleted/quarantined them and it hasn't happened since.

I use Google DNS for IPV6 and my ISP's DNS for IPV4

Reaction score
Think Google DNS is causing the outward bound traffic to questionable websites and perhaps the reason why it was trying to block excess to Malwarebytes as per my posting earlier. Since reverting to my local ISP DNS the pop up has ceased. Will try reverting IPV6 to Google DNS later to confirm the case. Makes sense as there is no free lunch and though Google DNS solves blocked sites issue, there is this risk that it allows communication to malicious websites to harvest you tracking info, maybe for some returns. Am I right? If so my initial windows corruption could have been from this long use of Google Public DNS?

Reaction score
Ok looks like Google Public DNS does have outward bound traffic but however has been mitigated by Malwarebytes. SFC scans so far does not reveal integrity issues with Windows. So am closing thread with thanks to all valuable inputs and education. Thanks ALL for the help rendered. Really appreciated.

Ask a Question