Things I've noticed so far in 16125.1000 re_prerelease

NoM

Reaction score
Launch Task Manager
Either by using Ctrl + Alt + Delete key combination or by right clicking the task bar and selecting it from the context menu.
In Task Manager use the menu bar -> File -> Run new task ->
Type "cmd" into the text box and check the box underneath that says "Creat this task with administrative privleges"

View attachment 6218

Also, if you have the time, while you're at it, you might want to test to see if your current issue is unique to your profile or if it is a global Windows problem by creating a new user as a member of the local administrators group for testing purposes.

Go to
C:\Windows\System32
Find
Cmd.exe (if you are hiding file extensions of known types, it might just say "cmd")
Right click it and choose run as administrator
At the admin command prompt type
net user JohnSmith /add
hit enter
then type
net localgroup administrators JohnSmith /add
hit enter
type
exit
hit enter
Restart and log in as JohnSmith

Obviously it doesn't have to be "JohnSmith". Any Tom, Dick or Sally should work fine (dealers choice).
You can delete the account later, whenever you wish.
Unfortunately it was system wide. I had to reinstall Windows stable, as I'm studying for an exam. I just can't help but feel the state of the Windows frameworks are a mess compared to Android.

The irony is that the taskbar is the only thing I feel they nailed in Windows 10.

Reaction score
I too are having non-stop crashing of the taskbar, making my desktop rather unusable. I can't do anything without it crashing. It's affecting my mouse input, but mostly anything to do with the bottom bar, start menu and switching between windows.

Faulting application name: ctfmon.exe, version: 10.0.16215.1000, time stamp: 0x7a10e7c0
Faulting module name: InputService.dll, version: 10.0.16215.1000, time stamp: 0x8e0f5d4c
Exception code: 0x00000675
Fault offset: 0x000000000002f814
Faulting process id: 0x440
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2e6edf8721b22
Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\InputService.dll
Report Id: 92916843-64c9-44d5-b2c7-25141d8f3c7b
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Honestly, opening CMD as administrator has taken me 10 minutes thus far. For anyone else, is there an easy way to launch cmd using run with admin? In Linux it could be sudo/gksudo terminal

Mines not my mouse it's the keyboard when i have more than a couple of Tabs open the whole thing slows down the task bar has come back so i can type in it again but it's unusable if I want to do my usual surf with 20+ tabs open and it changes depending on what browser you have open like in Cyberfox it faults the Cyberfox.exe and the things like glue and it crashes and loads ebery 10 - 15 seconds

Reaction score
It don't matter now as it's died completely with a unable to find the boot device halfway thru booting. Maybe somethng to do with the power failure we had the other day. Now where can I d/load a copy of 16225 in anyformat to make a bootable usb drive.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Reaction score
I backed out of the Insider program, due to my poor download speed. However, I keep in touch through other paths.

No offence but, this extremely helpful forum will get you through some difficulties, however, the contributions go no further than this site. I do hope you are all providing feedback to the insider site, it can be extremely helpful, particularly to those users of Windows 10 in the future, for those who continue to assess the program.

Reaction score
I backed out of the Insider program, due to my poor download speed. However, I keep in touch through other paths.

No offence but, this extremely helpful forum will get you through some difficulties, however, the contributions go no further than this site. I do hope you are all providing feedback to the insider site, it can be extremely helpful, particularly to those users of Windows 10 in the future, for those who continue to assess the program.

Yes every thing goes top the feedback hub first and my system is designed to keep all diagnostic files after (a rare) crash

Ask a Question