SOLVED Unable to set anything as my default browser

Data

Chief Operations Officer
Reaction score
@exsencon If you copy and paste the whole command, there's no reason to fail, you must keep it as is including the quote marks.

I tried it here on a Virtual Machine with 1703 and on my production machine and it works.

But would be worth if you tried and posted results for the method @Trouble posted in post #32

Reaction score
@exsencon If you copy and paste the whole command, there's no reason to fail, you must keep it as is including the quote marks.

I tried it here on a Virtual Machine with 1703 and on my production machine and it works.

But would be worth if you tried and posted results for the method @Trouble posted in post #32
Ah,with the quotes!!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I can, but ....
No idea how it came to be marked "solved" @JamieO_O was the OP so it was likely him, although having browsed the three pages I don't see any comment by him that he found a remedy or had surrendered / given up.
And now it seems to have been a bit "hijacked" so that ship might have sailed anyway.

Reaction score
"And now it seems to have been a bit "hijacked" so that ship might have sailed anyway"

Too right. Somewhere down the line another user popped in with a totally different problem. lol I wonder which problem was solved - lol again

Reaction score
We are all guilty. As soon as we saw that, the poster should have been advised to start a new thread.

Data

Chief Operations Officer
Reaction score
I've fallen for this (by replying) a couple of times.

Data

Chief Operations Officer
Reaction score
"Microsoft had this conspiracy to ban 3rd party apps"
Lol. I think they may have already found a way to do that (This is not compatible with the system"

Found this
funny-windows-error10[1].jpg

Reaction score
Can you give me a link please. I intend to take the matter up with MS, through the mvp portal.

Searched hard but couldn't track it down.

Reaction score
I see no solution to my problem. I can use Firefox as a non-default browser,maybe that's the best thing I can do for now.
Btw,this thread is really my fault,I should have started a new one,sorry about that but I saw this and I tried every suggestion in here,it didn't work so I started posting. Sorry guys.

Data

Chief Operations Officer
Reaction score
Reaction score
You are not rude Data,but I can assure you that everything is OK with the keyboard and the chair:)
And,yes I tried the suggestion @Trouble-no luck.
Now,when I bought this PC it came with Win8.1 (2 years ago) and to get rid of those annoying MS messages I upgraded it to Win10,still no problem. I had Firefox as the default browser. Then I reinstalled Firefox and now I just can't get it as default.That's the problem in a nutshell.
To be complete I also installed a dualboot with Linux (no problems there)
I also have 2 other PC's running Win7 among other things (I upgraded from WinXP to Win7) and no default problems there. Only with this *******Win10.
Now promoting your own browser is one thing but forcing it up to the people is quite another.
I'll try setting IE as default and see what it does when I try to set Firefox. I'll let you know.

Data

Chief Operations Officer
Reaction score
You are not rude Data,but I can assure you that everything is OK with the keyboard and the chair:)

I meant what is between the keyboard and the chair .i.e YOU ;)

Have you come up with a link yet to your post #51

IDK if you noticed but that is an error message I found on the internet, the old style dialog should have given it away ;)

Reaction score
Well, as there appears to be no foundation for it,I think it would be in the interests of the forum if the post was deleted, but that is up to the staff.

Ask a Question