W10 reinstallation failure

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have a Dell Inspiron 15z 5523 that I bought brand new back in '13. I updated it to W10 last year and everything went fine. First thing I did after the update was creating an image of the system in an USB drive.
I wanted to format the PC and have a fresh clean installation of W10. I plugged in the USB drive, ran the Dell recovery app, selected the desired option (full deletion and back to factory settings)...the system rebooted, only to show a black screen saying that I had problems with the Boot Configuration Data (see image attached).

After this, I rebooted the system manually, forcing it to start from the USB drive. The recovery app is launched and the reinstallation process stops at 2% with another error message (code 0x4001100200001005).

By default the systems starts with the UEFI mode, should I change it to Legacy Mode? Or is there any other setting of the BIOS I should try first?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_20160604_094027_2.jpg
    IMG_20160604_094027_2.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 523

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
By default the systems starts with the UEFI mode, should I change it to Legacy Mode?
Nope.... I don't believe that would help. Changing it to legacy would like only produce another error, like.... No boot device found or something similar.
Or is there any other setting of the BIOS I should try first?
Nope.... it's not likely a BIOS setting issue.
More likely, as the error message reports, you have an issue with your Boot Configuration Data store.
You could try booting from the Windows 10 installation media and using the advanced trouble shooting options to attempt a "Startup Repair" which is suppose to handle such things but if that doesn't do it then you may have your work cut out for you.......
http://support.fccps.cz/download/adv/frr/repair_BCD_on_EFI_partition.htm
May help.

Ask a Question