Windows 10 (32 Bit)?

Reaction score
I heard a rumour that there won't be a 32 bit version of Windows 10. How likely is this to be true if not decided on as yet? Because I have a 32 bit desktop PC and I want Windows 10 on it.

Reaction score
I would doubt they would dump the 32 bit version. I'm running 32 bit on both PC's running the preview. Both my old desktop and my tablet are 64 bit capable, but both only have 2gb ram. Neither are overly fast, so the 32 bit version should be a bit snappier.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree - if they're providing 32-bit preview versions then I highly doubt they'd pull it for the final release :).

Reaction score
I wouldn't have thought there will be a 32-bit version of any future Windows versions, considering they are being phrased out with 64-bit systems.

Reaction score
I wouldn't have thought there will be a 32-bit version of any future Windows versions, considering they are being phrased out with 64-bit systems.
There's still some fairly recent 32 bit hardware still out there. My netbook being one of them.

Reaction score
There's still some fairly recent 32 bit hardware still out there. My netbook being one of them.

But netbooks won't be around for long too, considering that the Surface RTs and any other touchscreen device based on Windows 8.1 will pretty much replace them to eventually a point when they will become obsolete

Reaction score
Maybe not, but there still are atom based tablets. And although it's a 64 bit atom cpu, 32 bit Windows runs better. Windows 10 WILL have a 32 bit version. Why would they provide a 32 bit evaluation version then? And not everyone has a new PC. I have friends that still use 10 year old laptops because they don't need a new one. Is Microsoft going to say tough cookies? Can you give a source for this rumor?

Ask a Question