SOLVED Windows 10 software download tool usb dvd reinstall

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Ok! This is whatView attachment 3346 I see. Do I go with the highlighted selection?
I forgot what the goal was.
From what I can see and obviously from the vertical scroll bar that is not everything.... you have only the one partition large enough to hold an install.
Can't see above partition 2 to see what size partition 1 might be, or below partition 6 to see what is there .... another partition or another drive.
I know what I would do if it was mine.
I'd delete partitions until there was just one big area of unallocated space on Drive 0 to install in and be done with it.
That's just me

Reaction score
I am wanting to format the drive to get rid of the virus & reinstall windows. Seems to be only way. The pc would not let me clean it up with the software you recommended. Here is the rest of the picture.
20160702_100006.jpg
20160702_095953.jpg

Which ones do I delete? I do not understand all of this but, it looks like to me that DRIVE 0 PARTITION 4 is the largest, with 274.1 GB Primary. Are you recommending that I delete everything but PARTITON 4. Reinstall windows on 4. If so do I format it first? You are the tech. I believe you know what you are talking about. I will go with your advice best I can. I dont understand allot of computer talk. Lol

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It would appear that, based on the images that you've attached to your posts, that you have everything you need to return the computer to its' factory Out of Box state, as if you had just brought it home from the store.
I would recommend that you do some research through the computer manufacturer's support website to ascertain the means and methods required for you to perform that action first before going forward.
Even if it means a phone call or emailing back and forth a few times.
It is usually just a matter of pressing and or holding a particular keyboard combination while turning the computer on to evoke the factory restore.
THAT in my opinion might be the better option to accomplish what you want to do.
It might result in a few items of bloatware but that is no real problem and it would have the added benefit of assuring that all your drivers for your hardware were in place and likely prevent the need for you searching about for them because this or that wasn't working.
You could then upgrade it afterwards to Windows 10, assuming it didn't come preinstalled with Windows 10, if that is your ultimate goal.

Reaction score
Thank you. Not as fast as reinstalling from this usb drive. She may just have to take it in to be fixed. Thank you sooooo. much for all your help.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Not as fast as reinstalling from this usb drive
You might be surprised. It takes a while, but the comparative differences in overall time would likely be negligible, and.....
The outcome might very well be more satisfactory and less painful in the hardware drivers department.
She may just have to take it in to be fixed
As I said above, it is generally a very easy, built in utility to use, once you know the proper steps.
Can you provide the Manufacturer's Name, Model Name, Model Number (complete model number)? I'll see if I can find the info for you.
Some laptops, like the newer Lenovo ones, have a separate button called a "Novo" button, next to the power button.. It's just a matter of finding the correct method and then the rest is DIY easy.

Reaction score
I have never seen so many recovery partitions on a hard drive before.
As Trouble mentioned, you have all the tools to do a factory reset. That will ensure that you got rid of the virus-malware...
You will have a clean slate, free of clutter and malware hiding in the shadows that's just waiting for the right opportunity to jump out at you and say "Gotcha! after all your hard work and clean install Windows 10

Reaction score
You might be surprised. It takes a while, but the comparative differences in overall time would likely be negligible, and.....
The outcome might very well be more satisfactory and less painful in the hardware drivers department.

As I said above, it is generally a very easy, built in utility to use, once you know the proper steps.
Can you provide the Manufacturer's Name, Model Name, Model Number (complete model number)? I'll see if I can find the info for you.
Some laptops, like the newer Lenovo ones, have a separate button called a "Novo" button, next to the power button.. It's just a matter of finding the correct method and then the rest is

Some laptops, like the newer Lenovo ones, have a separate button called a "Novo" button, next to the power button.. It's just a matter of finding the correct method and then the rest is DIY easy.

Yes had all of the system info. HP 2000 Notebook PC. I started PC held down the esc. Key. All the recovery tools loaded. I chose to reset this Pc. Asked for the target. Only choice was win. 10. It said this PC could not be reset. I even tried to reset with win 10 USB drive, o created same thing. When I suspected the virus and tried to remove It, I got the message that the computer was locked contact administrator, I called a # It gave me. The person I talked with said he needed permission to fix It. Thought there might be a virus on It, If It was minor It would be free. If Indepth would cost $180.00
Asked If I was authorized to speek for my daughter. I said she did not want to pay that. We hung up. I think someone is blocking me. I can still start the computer but cannot login with her psssword. To make Changes I needed to log in with administrator account. But it says wrong password. There does not seem to be another version of windows on the pc. Maybe I can fix it with a hammer. Lol

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
The reason I suggested speaking with the computer manufacturer either on their site through a chat session or by email, is that often, in order for the factory reset function to work properly, it may require that you assign the partition(s) that contain the necessary files a drive letter, sometimes a specific drive letter and only they would know for sure.
Failing all of that, you should still be able to ask them to provide you with the necessary recovery media to return the PC to factory settings.
Even if the PC is out of warranty, they will still be able to do it for a nominal fee often $25 bucks or so.

Ask a Question