Won't load desktop

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums @Jstack :).

We'll need more information to be able to help you - could you please describe the problem in more detail? Did you do a clean install or upgrade install, has it ever worked - or did it fail on first boot, what does the screen currently show, etc...?

Reaction score
It was an upgrade, after sign in all it does is blink the back ground never loadst

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue, I did an upgrade install and everything was there but once I installed the windows updates my PC loads up with only the bottom tray icons, no task bar either

Reaction score
I've got the same problem. HP 64 bit laptop. Video looks great up to the point where the icons and taskbar loads to the screen, then starts flashing off an on, over and over until the laptop seizes. Can't get into "safe mode" with Windows 10 unless your already in Windows 10.

This is a Windows 10 online upgrade 64bit.

Reaction score
just gave up, should have backed up before I tried to upgrade. Lost everything on restore. won't try to upgrade again.

Reaction score
I've got the same problem. HP 64 bit laptop. Video looks great up to the point where the icons and taskbar loads to the screen, then starts flashing off an on, over and over until the laptop seizes. Can't get into "safe mode" with Windows 10 unless your already in Windows 10.

This is a Windows 10 online upgrade 64bit.

UPDATE:
This issue has been resolved. I had to download a copy of Windows 10 disk for 64 bit. Re-installed without losing any information. All programs and files were still there. The video has stabilized. I did have a pop-up box jump up after the screen appeared saying there was a problem with the video driver from Windows 7 (original operating system) and that problem has been resolved. Thanks Windows 10! Its a slick system for sure.

Ask a Question