Regedit32

Reaction score
That does not make sense trouble

I downloaded the 257.1000 rs_prerelease and its working fine

Untitled.png

Regedit32

Reaction score
Download took just over 30 minutes

But the initial install to be ready to restart pc took bearly 90 minutes - initially it went pretty quick but at the 75% mark it took nearly 50 minutes to grind to 79% then it moved at around 3.5% per minute.

I fell asleep so did not see how long the restart too as that took place while I was dozing oops :oops:

Untitled2.png

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
That does not make sense trouble
Now you just sound like my wife. She says that to me all the time.
16257 which is the latest insider preview build available I believe and is the topic of this thread became available on August 2nd two weeks ago yesterday and we haven't had a build since.....
Not last week and again not this week according to her latest twitter post.
Although I'm not sure why yours is still showing "prerelease" in the name as it was removed in 16251 so as to show only "release"

Capture.PNG

Maybe a Home versus Pro thing.... IDK.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Yes I thought that was odd too as the last two updates I've installed removed the prerelease bit.

But this particular update refused to come through hence that exclamation icon I think. To get this download I had to switch to skip to next release.

Sorry about the confusion though as I thought this was this weeks release - i.e. I forgot I'd not been able to get a insider download in recent times.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
:) No problem.
Confusion is my constant state while awake.
AND to try and make any logical sense of what is currently going on with the insider program is an excercise in futility.
Don't even get me started on the divergent tracks between mobile and PC. I'm not even sure there will even be a Windows 10 phone able to install the fall update when it ships.

One day it's all "One Core" this and One Core that, mobile, pc, xbox all the same the next it's mumble, stumble, bumble and the left hand doesn't even know where the right hand is at, let alone what it's doing.
Frustrating, aggravating and talking about not making any sense..... it's "senseless".

Ahaaaaaaa.
Now I feel better.

Regedit32

Reaction score
I'm not even sure there will even be a Windows 10 phone able to install the fall update when it ships.

I'm about to come out of contract on my android phone and was seriously thinking of switching back to a Windows Phone, but the points you raised a while ago, and reminded me of just now, probably mean I'd be wiser to stick with an android or maybe switch to iOS as I cannot afford to buy myself out of a contract should a new windows phone be impossible to upgrade.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Absolutely.
Even though I am a serious Windows Phone advocate, at this point I would never recommend a Windows Phone to anyone.
Personally, if I hadn't already gone down that rabbit hole and spent a few hundred on a couple Windows Phones already, I'd be back to Android in a heartbeat.

Reaction score
I thought they were suppose to take the bugs out not put them back in?? Windows becomes more and more like a sock: for every hole you sew shut you open another one (or more).... where will that end??

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Well that time has pretty much come and gone, so if they "know", there not sharing the info.
Not sure if that is particularly important, positively or negatively, or not. She often doesn't follow up on those types of tweets.
AND
OF course it says "we'll know" and not "you'll know.

Ask a Question