Build 17063

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Capture.PNG

More information
https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...ng-windows-10-insider-preview-build-17063-pc/

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
OH OH.... things aren't looking too good

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Capture4.PNG

This is going to require a closer look.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just in time for dropping down chimney's. LOL

I hope you've all been nice!

Reaction score
I have lost all confidence in Microsoft insider updates. Installed faster than usual because I changed my CPU cooler from stock Intel to a great Noctua cooler and now run at 100% instead of 30% due to cooling problems before. Same old "BAD POOL HEADER". Bad, Bad, Bad

Reaction score
Currently preparing to install...

Untitled.jpg

HDD light is almost constant right now so something is happening, oh yeahhh... downloading.......

Reaction score
Did not take long to update from 17025 to 17063. I noticed that the WD security center has a different look now.

Regedit32

Reaction score
4 hours and it finally installed!

I like the new task view icon in the taskbar.

Not too impressed with it adding a Microsoft Edge shortcut to my Desktop. Pointless, given its on the taskbar.

The new features in Photos, which allow you to make a video from your photos looks interesting.

The new Rewards Scheme based on store purchases and quizzes may appeal to some. I'm not a fan personally, but each to their own.

I'm just hoping the PowerShell ISE proves to be more stable this build. I have not had a chance yet to put it through some tests yet, but previously, it would crash if you ran the same script 3 times in a row which produced a system environment error.

Reaction score
Tried to install again after fooling with Windows Defender. This time the time from Restart to back to old version (17025) was shorter. No good again. This is a total waste of time. Maybe if I stopped using Avira it might work but I am not going to fool with this anymore.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Not too impressed with it adding a Microsoft Edge shortcut to my Desktop. Pointless, given its on the taskbar.
Agreed. Additionally "pointless" as I don't use it.
I noticed that the WD security center has a different look now.
I noticed my icon in the Notification Area has a yellow triangle with an exclamation symbol where normally it showed a green checkmark. Not sure what that's about as I can't seem to find anything wrong, when inspecting the various elements of the program.

I finally managed to get it installed but I realized how spoiled I had become from past builds installing with little or no effort, this one harkened back to past old previews and required some extra effort on my part to finally get it up and running.

Capture.PNG

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up.
I did that a total of two times and the update continued to fail (3) times.
I suspect, in the final analysis that I had a bad download source package

Reaction score
Agreed. Additionally "pointless" as I don't use it.

I noticed my icon in the Notification Area has a yellow triangle with an exclamation symbol where normally it showed a green checkmark. Not sure what that's about as I can't seem to find anything wrong, when inspecting the various elements of the program.
Had that one at first too. After a restart it went to green checkmark.

Regedit32

Reaction score
I've decided to roll this release back one for the following reasons:
  • PowerShell ISE even more unstable in this release
  • Unable to secure audio on my device
  • Videos will no longer play in Edge but work fine in Chrome
Hopefully the next release will resolve these.

Reaction score
I've decided to roll this release back one for the following reasons:
  • PowerShell ISE even more unstable in this release
  • Unable to secure audio on my device
  • Videos will no longer play in Edge but work fine in Chrome
Hopefully the next release will resolve these.
I have turned off Power Shell. I Have NO sound in Chrome or Torch apart from a crunch at the start of the video but the video plays fine in Edge (Some dirty dealings going on her>) I found that this update had made me a new user name and logged me in under that So all my pics/docs etc looked lost. Had a very panicked call from a cousin that had the same thing happen to her, on the usual upgrade.

Reaction score
I'll leave out my OS and subsequent update downloads.lWith my slow connection they are meaningless to the average user. I got the ISO and started the install.
Took 30 minutes to install. Full Audio Same (MS) login. I chose the option to keep everything. At the moment, everything apears norma (fingers crossed.)
I don't use Power shell, so cannot comment on that.
Videos seem ok in Edge and IE.
MS are still pushing hard with Edge, which could be the reason for the extra shrtcut on the desktop. I read, on other forums, that, for reasons possibly for cleanliness(??), users are hiding the taskbar. (No Edge icon!)

Just waiting for the other shoe to drop!

Reaction score
Just looking at the number of recent update problems reported on this forum alone is overwhelming. It's criminal what Microsoft are pushing with what I'll call beta updates. Going forward, my Windows 7 Laptop has more value to me than Bit Coins. I've just updated it to current and selected the updates that I wanted.

Reaction score
True, but, that is the nature of forums - handling complaints.
In my own, ocal, experience, none of my peers an family have had any serious problems with the Windows 10 updates. Or are you referring only to the Insider beta updates? I am not earnestly follwing those, jusy occeasionally download the big ones.

Reaction score
Dave Ditto! We or the family have had anything serious to date with updates. Actually, when I was posting, I was thinking the general update releases have become more like insider beta updates. They have become problematic for most users.

Reaction score
I'm not having serious issues on my 2 Version 1709 Build 17063.1000 Insider Preview computers but then they are not my 'production' machines, followed Microsoft's caution about not doing that. I like to use what I call "rehabbed" machines, keeps them out of the landfill and usually cost me next to nothing, mostly my time. They are rather old, a Dell OptiPlex 755 and a Dell Inspiron 530S.

Ask a Question