New Build 15063 later Per DS

Reaction score
ds.JPG

Reaction score
Seems like there is one on the way tonight perhaps by 21:30 EDT I'll get it in the morning!

Reaction score
THis is interesting, from the blog.

• The upgrade path from the Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Build 14393) to this Windows 10 Creators Update build is not yet live and will be live tomorrow morning.
So any minute now one should be able to update a 'production' machine to the new system without a re-install.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I'm not on the IS platform on any PC atm. I did receive another cumulative update this morning: Cumulative Update for Windows 10 1607 for x64 based Systems (KB4015438).

I wonder if this is a precursor for the creators build.

Reaction score
Supposedly this update is to fix a problem some people had with last Tuesdays update.

Reaction score
This new build was going along fine until it BSOD'd. Then I had to re image an earlier image and start over again then it installed fine. Was finished at 0100. I am now on the release insider program..

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
So any minute now one should be able to update a 'production' machine to the new system without a re-install.
I'm pretty sure that is how it has always worked.
If you read further down, the mobile version also has the same problem and there is a hop to make that lands you on 15055 if you attempt to join the fast ring of the insider program directly from the current publicly available RTM (14393.xxx).
I also am pretty sure that this is not "the" RTM. I expect to see another few builds between now and April 11th, as a matter of fact I suspect there will be another build before the end of the week.
This build only shows a couple "fixes" and the known issues list remains pretty much the same as the two previous builds.

Reaction score
I cannot even use Firefox without it crashing on this build, I now am getting advertisements on this build. If this Build is the Final then I will go back to 14393.969 and stay there. On YouTube videos, I am getting ads like those that appear on TV. This is BS.

Reaction score
I in Troubles team. *63 is a "Canary" build. Which means it is subject to a little more investigation by chosen developers, before being turned into (yet another) potential RTM.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I suppose we might consider any build after Microsoft has announced that the "preview" has been "feature locked", meaning no new "features" as potentially a build that might be considered for "RTM", but....
As best as I can tell, they are still working on existing bugs that remain.

Reaction score
Yes it is an escrow RTM I guess. I will use it for a few days and see if it gets better.

Reaction score
MS willl sign off on the RTM on March 31,2017 so that is 9 more days. Could possibly be at most 4 more builds if that many.. We will see.

Reaction score
Link?

This is what I read, but guesses are coming in thick and fast:
"Microsoft is planning to distribute release candidates of the final version of the Windows 10 Creators Update to testers next week, with a public release on April 11th. Once a final version is selected, testers will have access to it by the end of March."

Reaction score
Link?

This is what I read, but guesses are coming in thick and fast:
"Microsoft is planning to distribute release candidates of the final version of the Windows 10 Creators Update to testers next week, with a public release on April 11th. Once a final version is selected, testers will have access to it by the end of March."
No link just what I have read.

Ask a Question